Front hoop fabrication

Hi Guys

I am about to embark in Fabricating my front roll cage bit, now due to the mis match of bits i have on my series i am going to tie in the front hoop to the windscreen hinges besides down to the chassis, on new outriggers. Reason being i am running a series 2 wind screen, a 200 tdi bulk head, so i have to fabricate new windscreen hinges anyway by using the holes in bulkhead used for the defender hinges, and i thought it might be a good idea to tie the cage to the hinge mount as well. Do you think this is a good idea or am i thinking nonsense?

G

Do you want roll over protection or just the looks of a roll cage?

If the former, take the hoop down to the bulkhead outrigger as the bulkhead in standard form is not strong enough to be part of a roll cage.

If you just want the looks then tie it in to the bulkhead.

Do you want roll over protection or just the looks of a roll cage?

If the former, take the hoop down to the bulkhead outrigger as the bulkhead in standard form is not strong enough to be part of a roll cage.

If you just want the looks then tie it in to the bulkhead.

Its going to the chassis on new outriggers, its not looks i am after. I was thinking of tieing it to the hinges also, that way the bulkhead gets more support.

G

Hmmmmmm seems its a bad idea since i got no answers.................. Anyway here is another request which might be a real long shot.........

I am going to get the pipes bent on a digital bender or cnc, punch the numbers and it gets done. Since its a series i am going to have 2 side hoops, that tie in the rear internal roll hoop, the 2 hoops will than be tied together in front of the bulkhead vents and on top of the windscreen with straight tube. Not like a 90 front hoop.

Now does anybody have the angles and dimentions handy??

I know a tape measure will work wonders, but i thought i might ask..................

I know the bulkhead rake angle is approx 24deg, any one has other numbers they can throw in??

G

I think you had better get the tape out - I made a similar request for a 90's dimensions cagewise and nobody had them.

I ended up measuring them up myself - not too difficult with a helper and make sure you check it twice!!