Series Bonnet Pioneer Mounts

minivin

Guest diesel_jim
Anyone got any photo's or details on these, had suppose I should fill some of the holes in my bonnet :)

Series didn't have the tools on the bonnet... only the Wolf's and the rapier 127's. Series ones had them on the tailgate didn't they?

Series didn't have the tools on the bonnet... only the Wolf's and the rapier 127's. Series ones had them on the tailgate didn't they?

I believe the hardtops had the extra mounts on the bonnet instead of on the rear door, unless I got an ex-SAS pinkie bonnet that's green camo :)

I just remembered, I took some photo's at L2B a few months back of a series with the kit fitted :rolleyes:

DSCF1519.jpg

DSCF1520.jpg

DSCF1521.jpg

DSCF1522.jpg

Dunno but I thought I had photo's of a Defender set-up, problem solved on locations :D Does anyone have any ideas on part numbers or drawings for the bits?

Rob those mounts just dont look right - look very home made to me.

If nothing else I'd expect them to be the same as those used on the tailgate - cant see them designing a new mount just to shove em on the bonnet!

Military mounts tend to be quick release and use webbing straps to hold things down not wingnuts for squaddies to drop in the mud.....

Jon

Here we go, this is why I am confused:

DSCF1881.jpg

Offside looks to have two holes at the front and two close together at the rear, these look to be spade mounts with the big Omega plate at the front and a handle strap at the rear.

While on the nearside, furthest to port seems to be a pickaxe head mounting holes, with two sets of strap mounts further in for the pickaxe handle:

DSCF1880.jpg

It's a cracker :)