90 300 performance exhausts?

I need to replace the middle section of my 300 90 exhaust - it is rusted right through behind the middle box so I have an unconnected front exhaust and rear exhaust!

I think I will buy a SS straight through middle section as sold by most of the after market traders - no problem.

But while I am at it I would like to replace the dreadful looking rear section - the horrible u-turn type silencer - with something better.

Does anyone make an off-the-shelf 300 90 straight through rear section?Or a performance rear silencer?

Devon 4x4 sell a td5 SS straight through rear section,which would be great except that it has a triangular 3 bolt joining flange rather that the flared type joint used on the 300s.

My 90 is used 6 days a week for work,so I can't find time to take it to a custom exhaust shop.

Minor fabrication or modification to an off the shelf product would be ok,but it would have to be achievable in an evening.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Jerry.

I need to replace the middle section of my 300 90 exhaust - it is rusted right through behind the middle box so I have an unconnected front exhaust and rear exhaust!

I think I will buy a SS straight through middle section as sold by most of the after market traders - no problem.

But while I am at it I would like to replace the dreadful looking rear section - the horrible u-turn type silencer - with something better.

Does anyone make an off-the-shelf 300 90 straight through rear section?Or a performance rear silencer?

Devon 4x4 sell a td5 SS straight through rear section,which would be great except that it has a triangular 3 bolt joining flange rather that the flared type joint used on the 300s.

My 90 is used 6 days a week for work,so I can't find time to take it to a custom exhaust shop.

Minor fabrication or modification to an off the shelf product would be ok,but it would have to be achievable in an evening.

Any suggestions?

I bought a s/s mid section from paddocks for around £49, and then had a custom place do the rear pipe for £100. It only took them a few hours to do the pipe as i had already cut the hole for the side exit at the rear quarter. Keeps the tail pipe well out the way and saves me ripping it off again.

Kenny.

The very late 300tdi 90's had a rear fuel tank so just had a middle box and a straight through rear. These are standard parts from a motor factors. Bosal part numbers for the exhaust are 211-075 and 851-137. They are about £85 inc vat.

Wow,didn't know that.I wonder will those parts bolt up to an older 300 down pipe?Wil have to look into it.

Thanks.

Like this from the Famous Four website ?

Mild Steel Tailpipe 90 - 300Tdi TA999222 to WA159806 £29

Mo :)

Ok,the above tail pipe is what I would like to use,but it doesn't fit with my older mid section (upto TA999221).

The join between the tail/mid sections is further towards the front of the vehicle on the later models (TA999222 on).

So can I simply buy the later mid silencer (TA999222 on) to go with it?

Will this work with my front/down pipe?

I know that there are Cat and non-Cat front pipes,but are all 300 90 front sections otherwise identical?

I know that there are Cat and non-Cat front pipes,but are all 300 90 front sections otherwise identical?

yes. they are a straight swap.

wish i'd known about that late tdi back section, as i've just spent a day making a new exhaust for my 300tdi 90 out of second hand bits of a disco exhaust and the odd bit of unrusted pipe from my original 90 exhaust.

• 2 weeks later...