AWDC Challenger Round 2 Aftermath

Results from Clubmans Event at Slindon (3/5/09)

Class 1

1st - Nick Shurrock & Matt Gomme (Novice) Punch Score - 2700, Special Stage - 480, Total Score = 3180

2nd - Peter Roberts and Ben Burge (Intermediate) Punch Score - 2400, Special Stage - 380, Total Score = 2780

3rd - Nick Anderson & Nev Hudd (Expert) Punch Score - 2340, Special Stage - 350, Total Score = 2690

4th - Dan Elias & Richard Wetherley (Expert) Punch Score - 2220, Special Stage - 440, Total Score = 2660

5th - Martin Tennant & Laurie (Novice) Punch Score - 2000, Special Score - 460, Total Score = 2460

6th - Steve Beck & Adrian Dayley (Expert) Punch Score - 1980, Special Stage - 470, Total Score = 2450

7th - Adrian Catchpole & Mark Catchpole (Intermediate) Punch Score - 2080, Special Stage - 310, Total Score = 2390

8th - Chris Kelly & Jason White (Novice) Punch Score - 2100, Special Stage - 500, Penalty Points - 300, Total Score = 2300

9th - Khristian Laurence & Gary Blair (Novice) Punch Score - 1900, Special Stage - 300, Total Score = 2200

10th - Barry Benjamin & Steve Law (Novice) Punch Score - 1800, Special Stage - 390, Total Score = 2190

11th - Philion Parpottas & Alex Parpottas (Expert) Punch Score - 1740, Special Stage - 370, Total Score = 2110

12th - Andrew Beck & Mike Hind (Expert) Punch Score - 1560, Special Stage - 410, Total Score = 1970

13th - Mark Sinclair & Matt Riely (Expert) Punch Score - 1440, Special Stage - 490, Total Score = 1930

14th - Steve Grant & Mark Antill (Expert) Punch Score - 1560, Special Stage - 330, Penalty Points - 50, Total Score = 1840

15th - Paul Edney & Trever Thomas (Novice) Punch Score - 1800, Special Stage - 0, Total Score = 1800

16th - Keith Rayment & Paul Mortimer (Novice) Punch Score - 1700, Special Stage - 0, Total Score = 1700

17th - Daniel Thompson & Matthew Hoiles (Intermediate) Punch Score - 1040, Special Stage - 430, Total Score = 1470

18th - Saun Goringn & Dal Camball (Novice) Punch Score - 1000, Special Stage - 320, Total Score = 1320

19th - Stuat Sibbick & Chris Martin (Novice) Punch Score - 900, Special Stage - 360, Total Score = 1260

20th - Fabian Fry & Jodi Biddle (Novice) Punch Score - 800, Special Stage - 290, Total Score = 1090

21st - Graham Mitchell & Ben Bradley (Expert) Punch Score - 780, Special Stage - 0, Total Score = 780

22nd - Jo Stainer & Martin Stainer (Intermediate) Punch Score - 720, Special Stage - 0, Total Score = 720

Class 2

1st - Simon Saines & John Saines (Novice) Punch Score - 2000, Special Stage - 400, Penalty Points - 50, Total Score = 2350

2nd - Kevin Moss & Rob Jones (Expert) Punch Score - 1920, Special Stage - 420, Total Score = 2340

3rd - Ben Champion & Martin Champion (Novice) Punch Score - 1000, Special Stage - 450, Total Score = 1450

4th - Karl Day & Tristian Skinner (Novice) Punch Score - 1400, Special Stage - 0, Total Score = 1400

5th - Lee Perkins & Matthew Oates (Novice) Punch Score - 1000, Special Stage - 340, Total Score = 1340

6th - David Dawson & Tullen Dawson (Novice) Punch score - 900, Special Stage - 0, Total Score = 900

Hello all, thanks to you all for once again a very enjoyable weekend. You may have noticed from the scores that I made a bit of a booboo and gave out the wrong prize to Class 2 3rd place. I put chris Kelly in this place but as he kindly pointed out to me he infact upgraded to Class 1 so unfortunately was not the 3rd place winner, this prize in fact should have gone to Ben and Martin Champion, I did run around trying to find them but failed. So Ben and Martin Champion I am very sorry that you didn't get your moment of glory but very well done from us all and at the next round I will give you your trophies that you have won. Apologies again. Sorry to Chris and Jason for building them up and the letting them down. See you soon. Lucy xxxx

What a day! :D Cannot believe we won our class, in the Official Smallest Truck Onsitetm! We are both chuffed to bits! Great event, haven't had the Jimny on 3 wheels or less as much as we did today... Thanks to all the organising team at Challenger4x4, a great mix of punches to suit any level of expertise.

The journey home was very very very loud, a sheared off exhaust makes a 1.3 sound like a V12 :lol: . I got a fair few looks from passersby, couldn't go much over 40mph... So.Very.Loud.

Bloody knackered now though...

Well done to Challenger for a brilliant day, a good range of punches, some were easy ( dan still got stuck mind) and some were quite good fun with ropes snaping left right a centre. Hats of to Dan, only made a few noises of - WOOOOw, as the car shifted about on the slopes.

Hopefully I will get a green card for the next one,, great day out. and Dan - get some ruddy decent ropes would you.

Cheers for a good day Paul/Lucy, really good fun. just tell me that was harder than the previous event as Turner will crucify me for not doing better.

ps- well done Si, good performance mate.

pps - Dan - your Lr don't look like that top pic anymore does it. lol

'Bloody knackered now though... '

I'll second that! Drinking the rest of the beer that we left last night!

Would like to see any one else's photos!

really good day out im feckin nackered now

nearly had third place :P

didnt do too bad for our first round apart from the few issues this morning

oh and the lack of battery power and the engine doing its very own impression of a smoke screen and for some reason my viscous fan has eaten the cowling :rolleyes:

Hello all, thanks to you all for once again a very enjoyable weekend. You may have noticed from the scores that I made a bit of a booboo and gave out the wrong prize to Class 2 3rd place. I put chris Kelly in this place but as he kindly pointed out to me he infact upgraded to Class 1 so unfortunately was not the 3rd place winner, this prize in fact should have gone to Ben and Martin Champion, I did run around trying to find them but failed. So Ben and Martin Champion I am very sorry that you didn't get your moment of glory but very well done from us all and at the next round I will give you your trophies that you have won. Apologies again. Sorry to Chris and Jason for building them up and the letting them down. See you soon. Lucy xxxx

good news :D .excellent day, thought alot of the punches were trickier than hogmoor with one winch but plenty to keep us busy.

Thanks to challenger

Well Done to Paul, Lucy and your crew for another successful Challenger Comp.

Ive never laughed so much Marshalling on a Special Stage. Phillon & Alex you were a real treat guys :lol::lol::lol::lol:

My lad David disappeared with his camera for the afternoon and the Piccys are now up on the Xtremelandy Site.

Well done to everyone who entered.

P.S. Cheers Pigster for bringing the rubber, sorry about the Picture :P

Well done to Challenger for a brilliant day, a good range of punches, some were easy ( dan still got stuck mind) and some were quite good fun with ropes snaping left right a centre. Hats of to Dan, only made a few noises of - WOOOOw, as the car shifted about on the slopes.

Hopefully I will get a green card for the next one,, great day out. and Dan - get some ruddy decent ropes would you.

Cheers for a good day Paul/Lucy, really good fun. just tell me that was harder than the previous event as Turner will crucify me for not doing better.

ps- well done Si, good performance mate.

pps - Dan - your Lr don't look like that top pic anymore does it. lol

What a day.......

Big thankyou to paul and lucy and every one else involved in the event :D

Well what an experiance with pig.... he spent all day breaking my ropes, trying to roll me down every slope he saw (he even put me on my side on the first punch and smashed my window :huh: ) :D But credit to him he's ok I suppose :huh::D

But fingers crossed we'll be back together for the next one :blush: ! and yes ill get some new ropes (mine are far to short now) lol

And no it does not look anything like any of the pictures I have of it now. (more damaged done in one day, than in the last 4 events and that includes a roll!) :i-m_so_happy:

Dan

Well, what a cracking event. Had a great day doing, I think, the best we've done in any competitive event. The truck certainly bears the scars of a good day out in the woods!

I've now gone for the sleek (well, rippled) de-handled look on the drivers side door and managed to reprofile the N/S wing so that it will forever fit more snugly around trees and through narrow gaps!

Big thumbs up to the organising team and the marshalls, but still a bit disappointed that there are some teams who really don't give a damn about the tape and the other teams. I know it's a competitive event, but it's no excuse for bad manners and practically bullying others out of their way to make all of 10 seconds difference!!

Big thumbs up to the organising team and the marshalls, but still a bit disappointed that there are some teams who really don't give a damn about the tape and the other teams. I know it's a competitive event, but it's no excuse for bad manners and practically bullying others out of their way to make all of 10 seconds difference!!

I would be grateful if you could have a word in confidence with Paul, Lucy or myself as to who these teams might be, as I take a very dim view of this behaviour and would wish to educate those concerned in the principle of good sportsmanship.

On the other hand you know who to leave behind in a bog when they are pleading for your assistance B)

I agree with that- We were having some OBVIOUS difficulty winching up a hill after an event, and another chap decided to block the way and start doing the punch we had just finished, before we had left the area! This left us in a potentially dangerous situation had our winch rope snapped- we would have rolled right on top of him! We had just snapped a front halfshaft and that kind of rushing behaviour just wasn't needed. We will be giving mr purple a wide berth if we do an event again!

We have decided to marshall the next event if needed- as the car cant take any more of the beatings- especially as it is sibbos main vehicle!

Overall it was a great day- and the evening before was superb too- I have never seen such a big bottle of Jack! Good skills Paul!!!

Still really impressed with the coach too! Still laughing at the thought of you guys driving it through Petworth! Must have been like trying to squeeze a hippo through a cat-flap!

I agree with that- We were having some OBVIOUS difficulty winching up a hill after an event, and another chap decided to block the way and start doing the punch we had just finished, before we had left the area! This left us in a potentially dangerous situation had our winch rope snapped- we would have rolled right on top of him! We had just snapped a front halfshaft and that kind of rushing behaviour just wasn't needed. We will be giving mr purple a wide berth if we do an event again!

We have decided to marshall the next event if needed- as the car cant take any more of the beatings- especially as it is sibbos main vehicle!

Overall it was a great day- and the evening before was superb too- I have never seen such a big bottle of Jack! Good skills Paul!!!

Still really impressed with the coach too! Still laughing at the thought of you guys driving it through Petworth! Must have been like trying to squeeze a hippo through a cat-flap!

Yes Petworth was tight but my brother managed great for the first time out with the coach and trailer, may be it's all down to practicing squeezing a landrover between trees to get a punch.

We found a much better route on the way back to Watford that was only a few km longer but was on better roads and avoided Petworth.

We've just started planning the coach upgrades for the next event, it probably going to be a 500l water tank and petrol jetwash so we can get the mud of quick before it sets (Slindon's mud sets like concrete :-( )