New member, new Defender...

Hi all,

Just joined the forum, wanted to introduce myself and my Land Rover.

I'm Blakes from Cumbria. Just bought a 1997 300 TDi Defender 90 CSW. Its done a staggering 214k but you wouldn't tell inside or out. Before I bought it, it had a new diesel pump, full clutch kit, full service inc. timing belt. The chassis is solid, rear cross member isn't immaculate but won't be causing any problems for a few years yet especially after a dousing with waxoyl. Got a small bit of corrosion going on in top corner of d/s bulkhead and a small 20p sized bit under the rear d/s window.

I've never owned or driven one before and have been amazed at what it can do off road. Originally I was after a disco but the Defender came up for sale locally so I went for a look/test drive and was pleasantly surprised.

Can I ask you all what kind of money you think its worth from what I have said please? Purely out of interest. I may be looking to sell it later in the year to get a Disco or RR (more family friendly).

Thanks,

Blakes.