'E marked' Interco TSL/SX ???

Tom.H

Hi

As some of you may know I am planning to turn my 404 mog into a competition vehicle over the next year. I am currently (again) looking into suitable tyres. It’s been a bit of a struggle trying to find a suitable one as I am somewhat limited, as I am running on 20” rims.

The tyre I’ve found is the Interco TSL/SX

See link: http://www.intercotire.com/tires.php?id=15&g=1

I’ve heard that some of Interco’s tyres are not road legal (e marked) is there anyway on confirming whether the TSL/SX is or isn’t.

Figures cross they are (as I haven’t found many tyres which are suitable)

Tom

Ok….

I’ve just got an Email back from Interco saying that all there light truck tyres are not E marked. Although the TSL/SX is Dot approved.

As a result of this I decided to look into the E mark rule (as I have come across quite a few vehicles running Interco’s on the road)

It seems that there is no MOT rule stating the tyres need to be E marked. And as long as a tyre has enough thread, correct load and speed ratings, are in a satisfactory condition there’s not reason why they can’t be used in the U.K.

The only suspiring thing is that you shouldn’t legally be able to buy non E marked tyre in the U.K.

Although as I am considering getting mine shipped from the U.S anyway (as it works out cheap) I don’t see this being a problem.

I got all this information off another board/forum… So if anyone feels that it is not correct I would be very grateful if you could let me know.

Tom

I heard (on here I think) :huh: that DOT approval is an acceptable alternative to E marking. I think it was GB mud who said that, could be wrong though......

Probably a construction and use issue rather than MOT? Try a call to VOSA - they will know.