td5 fuel leak

discoverytd5

Only fuel lines and the regulator there. Was the gasket changed at the same time? There's two types if I remember right, and you must replace it. The regulator leaks from the diaphragm housing, and you can see very clearly if you look from underneath the engine. Diaphragm will drip, gasket will leak down the side of the block.

Les.

Only fuel lines and the regulator there. Was the gasket changed at the same time? There's two types if I remember right, and you must replace it. The regulator leaks from the diaphragm housing, and you can see very clearly if you look from underneath the engine. Diaphragm will drip, gasket will leak down the side of the block.

Les.

hi les.thanks for the reply my lad has just ordered two more gaskets plus some new o rings. apparently you should change them when you put a new gasket on. but i put an egr kit on about a month ago and have nothing but trouble with leaks.i have now replaced the egr valve and we are waiting for the gaskets to arrive hopefully tomorrow,so i hope ive cured it will let you know how i get on. thanks,john

you defo need to change the o ring as i found out and rember there is a filter to fall out when you remove the o ring

hi martin,cheers for that been talking to some landy boffins they said could be the return fuel line blocked do you know where to start looking