HCPU tailgate latches

pt. # MTC3917

Anyone have any idea who the current supplier is to Land Rover ?

My old '98 has the brand 'Pesca' stamped on them, but this is drawing a blank searching the www.

The damned retaining spring (a small piano wire type spring) has totally broken on one so it pops open as I drive down the road, and one leg has broken on the other, so it's on it's way out, but I'm damned if I'm going to pay over A$100 each for an over centre latch !

Any leads appreciated.

pt. # MTC3917

Anyone have any idea who the current supplier is to Land Rover ?

My old '98 has the brand 'Pesca' stamped on them, but this is drawing a blank searching the www.

The damned retaining spring (a small piano wire type spring) has totally broken on one so it pops open as I drive down the road, and one leg has broken on the other, so it's on it's way out, but I'm damned if I'm going to pay over A$100 each for an over centre latch !

Any leads appreciated.

Yep same as my 130, I am off to a LR show this weekend to try and get some new ones

Thanks Ralph.

Looks like the pound has slipped quite a bit to our $ over the last month too.

That price works out at $64 + freight, so quite bit better but still silly money for a latch.