The End Of Lre Forums

Les Henson

I think we need to persuade someone with a little more graphic design talent than myself to design banners of various sizes as adverts.  Many of us have Land Rover related web sites and I think we (and I very definatly count myself in this) should host as many adverts for it as possible.

Glad I found you! Went off for a week in the bush and came back to find my favourite forum MIA.

As for promotion, we use the same forum software at work and used phpadsnew to serve the banners. It integrated very nicely, has a slick user interface, and is free. Also give clients access to their own reports -- http://phpadsnew.com/

Funny, I was thinking while I was out on the Alexander Mackenzie Trail, that advertising on these forums would be a great way to promote my future business ventures -- especially since they'll appeal to Land Rover addicts. You may be on to something with putting ads at the top and bottom of all the pages.

Good Luck with the site!

Dave

Welcome Dave, glad you found us.

We are more concerned about ensuring old LRE forum members find us and making the venue known to prospective forumeers than raising funds through advertising. Having escaped the shackles of LRE this forum will, like the beer, be fiercly independant while retaining a warm friendly atmosphere :)

Of course if someone wants to advertise with us it is an option I guess but if one of the members has had bad experiences and thinks the product is sh** then they need to be free to say so. Mind I guess is would give any ads on here far more credibility than those in the rags.

Hey Sharky !!

Glad to see you made it over here :)

French? didn't you learn any of that in Canada? :) :)

Thanks Landi,

I was just under 2 years old when my parents moved back to Scotland, and I doubt there were many French Canadians in Edmonton :D