Disco 11 td5 fuel line help needed.

cw01

Hello,

I tend to frequent the Mil' forum, as mine is a Mil' 110, but have been asked by my Dad to try and get this solved.

He needs to change the fuel lines on his Disco 11, TD5 (2001/Y). But L/R dealer up here can't get them?.

Also, heard about a re-call of this model, is that an official L/R recall?, because he said L/R up here had never heard of this recall.

So could anybody point me in the direction of somewhere I could get these fuel lines, and what else is needed to replace them?.

Thank you,

Chris.

Hello,

I tend to frequent the Mil' forum, as mine is a Mil' 110, but have been asked by my Dad to try and get this solved.

He needs to change the fuel lines on his Disco 11, TD5 (2001/Y). But L/R dealer up here can't get them?.

Also, heard about a re-call of this model, is that an official L/R recall?, because he said L/R up here had never heard of this recall.

So could anybody point me in the direction of somewhere I could get these fuel lines, and what else is needed to replace them?.

Thank you,

Chris.

Hi Chris,

Try this:-

R/2004/093

Possibility that the rear fuel line may chafe against harness

SALLTGM981A736101 to SALLTGM834A865281

32245 vehicles

Rear fuel line may chafe with ABS/Water sensor, and fuel pump harnesses with the possibility that a fuel leak may develop.

Remove original convolute tubing and replace with smooth PVC tape. Additionally, change fuel line and re-route the wiring harness to run to the side of the fuel lines.

11 August 2004

Regards

Scrumps

Yes it is/was an official recall. I have a copy of the document here.

'Land Rover' Recall Action. Recall Action Number A169V3. 'Diesel Fuel Pipe Foul Condition'

Model: Discovery Series II (LT) TD5

Model Year: 2001 to 2004

VIN Range: LT736101 to LT865281

LT920268 to LT920651 (CKD)

Date of issue: 11 July 2006

To: All Land Rover UK Authorised Repairers.

It's a 10-page report on the problem and instructions to the dealer on how to fix it.

Les.

:rolleyes:

Well Land Rover pretty much told him "tough, its outside the recall dates"

Pretty poor for an official design problem.

Any one know where he would stand with this?, or is that it finished?, even though he still cant find the part.

Cheers,

Chris.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello,

Thank you,

Chris.

I have had a fuel hose split on my 03 td5, the garage said it was common and that they were on backlog, I phoned around several dealers and all said the kits were out of stock an some had them on backlog and were quoating 21st Sept 09 before they were back in stock. If its only the green pipe that has gone (seems to be the one that fails) this has a sepertate part No of YNI500030K and I found someone that has some in stock today, although only a few..only £3 + p&p

Its Conrico International Ltd, Hanworth Lane Business Park, Chertsey. Surrey. KT169LA. 01932567321

Hope this help

Regards

Dave :)