Howlin Wolf Round 3

Well what a weekend ....

by far the hardest event we have ever done good shout to Neil, Carol and all their merry helpers a job well done.

we have a few shots of people in positions they shouldnt be in (upside down) i will try and get them up later

Nobby

Was a good day for us, 3rd in class 3, shame we lost a good hour stuck on a punch that we didnt even get, good site, but very hard on the co drivers, looking forward to corwen already!

Ian

Excellent event, Cheers Neil and Team, not the best outing for us as you can see from the picture! it all seemed to go down the pan as we crossed the start line and the rear locker packed up! (at least we had a rear axle then though!)

Big thanks to Andy and Bruce for towing us out, very much appreciated - thank you.

Anyone know 1-3rds then?

those are some really ace pics B)

thats not johns truck causing all that smoke in the vally is it?!

Yes thats my truck, it had been on its roof for some time after rolling down the valley :(

somebody has it on film so should be up shortly

Funniest part of the weekend was Saley after 6 solid hours in the bar calling the Southerns "soft arses" who, "can't take the pace in the bar" then immediatly falls of his stool backwards, sort of a prequal to the roll really, priceless.

Great weekend thanks to the Boss, Neil and the marshalls etc, well done, another enjoyable event.

Was a good day watching :)

The co drivers got their legs tested :lol:

Some near misses on the puch that saley had an oops on. Just after him, a winch rope snapping whilst the vehicle was near the top :o came careering back down, but luckily veered into the massive stump (although bending his trailing arms etc).

Yes thats my truck, it had been on its roof for some time after rolling down the valley :(

somebody has it on film so should be up shortly

are you ok with it on youtube ?

Gordon

Results are now posted

HERE

I think that was probably tougher than we intended it to be. Its very difficult when you recce and layout to envisage exactly at what angles cars will end up at and what the teams will subsequently do to deal with it. I had some very high blood pressure inducing moments during the day which may yet cause nightmares !!!

On the other hand when you are dealing with Welsh hillsides its difficult to avoid 'situations' so we have to hope everyone keeps their sensible heads on.

Saley's predicament will no doubt be the source of many pictures and videos in the days to come and whilst it may all look horrific it was all the result of unfortunate circumstances. To have three recoveries all go so horribly wrong as to keep ending up on its roof again and again was just unbeliveable, but I witnessed all of it and no-one would ever have predicted what would have happened. Happily no-one was hurt, hopefully the truck is OK and the smiley one will be at the next round.

Ho-hum, onto Corwen, more welsh hills, more welsh gullies and no doubt no more welsh dramas.

Championship results will be posted in the next few days.

And finally, a very huge well done to Austin Jewitt and Marc Dyer for their stealth-like win!!

For the amount of rolls the car had it sufferd little damage, after more than 2 hours mostly on its roof when it was righted it started up shortly after (as can be seen in the smokey picture) and drove out of the section,

Very good site and some good technical sections, Neil, if you made it any less it would get boring,

My veiw anyway,

Carl.

Did any one find a staun internal beadlocker around SS2 if so could you keep it for Austin please

some of the punches looked ok until you started them then once in it got a bit serious and a bit sweaty on the ar$e cheeks we had quite a few scary moments and quite a few dull ones to go with it

but we had our 1st class win and 10th overall which myself and Nath are well happy with

see yuhs all at North Wales

Nobby

A very busy and enjoyable weekend some of my pic's. Nick and James it was a painful drive taking you back to the main field, Nick you need a bit more padding in your seat or teflon coated that must of been one painful ride back down! A big thanks to everyone who helped out this weekend.

post-1273-1241993475_thumb.jpg

post-1273-1241993526_thumb.jpg

post-1273-1241993553_thumb.jpg

post-1273-1241993612_thumb.jpg

post-1273-1241993672_thumb.jpg

post-1273-1241993728_thumb.jpg