Howlin Wolf Round 3

That was one of the best weekends so far on the series. The weather helped a lot - everyone was on good form and quite jolly!

Thanks to Andy for the lift into the site this morning (saved a long knee twisting walk!). I'll post up some photos tomorrow with a bit of luck.

Well done to everyone - just for surviving the day!

Si

I had a great weekend, sometimes thats just how it goes!

Thanks of course to Neil and the (small) team who laid out this time, it was harsh but technical too, which is what I enjoy. B)

Thanks especially to Bruce, Andy and all the others who helped me to complete the last stage and get recovered from the hillside. :i-m_so_happy:

The failure appears, at first inspection, to have been caused by the lock nut being loose on the central joint which caused the screw thread to come unscrewed. This in turn appears to have allowed it to bend and eventually fatigue over the course of the day. :glare:

I'm sure there will be a further report of the charnage. Worst of all from my point of view is that one of the airshocks is a write off.

Still, i've got four weeks to fix it. :rolleyes:

Well what a weekend! A great weekend.

Well done to Neil and the team for setting out some very enjoyable and challenging punches! :D I carried on my rountine of checking the roll cage and harness work B) Still working very well! Did better than I expected in the end. We had a bit of punch fever just one more punch at 3pm and as you can imagine we were a bit late back (hence the pen points).

I think that some people will agree. No more beer/Jd the night before again! :o

I will see you all at round 5! got to go to a Bl**dy wedding on the weekend of round 4 :angry:

Dan

Cheers Saley and Carl for your assistance of putting us the right way up!

Punch 22, our killer punch :P

that was a good punch that one, and glad no one else did it, it took ages. rewarding for the fewer nos that do a punch is certainly a good incentive to go for harder punches.

Really enjoyed the punch layout, more of that we want please, nice and technical - excellent.

Yep well done to Marc and Austin - top result.

are you ok with it on youtube ?

Gordon

dont see why not, saley said it was my fault but i am dening everything,

Carl.

lol, ok.

here's a vid of the second part of the recovery, i don't have the first part :

G

Thanks to everyone invoived in one of the hardest days out i've ever had

My legs hurt today ;-)

We were shocked but very pleased with 2nd.

We had a horrid day and was convinced we'd got no better than 3rd so that was a pleasent suprise.

Neil, have you got the championship results in yet?

B)

i've got a video of you "tight rope walking" across that gulley :)

Cool! Thank god someone will share their film, the number of photos and videos must be enormous, sadly we only ever see the odd one.

It's a shame videos and photos never really show how steep a slope that gully was on.

Cool! Thank god someone will share their film, the number of photos and videos must be enormous, sadly we only ever see the odd one.

Agreed :rolleyes:

I have updated the front page of the Howlin' Wolf website with a playlist of videos from the event which I will keep adding to as I find links.

If you did take any video please upload it and pass the link on

Great technique on the punch Nick and James - we were very pleased we found that little gully :D

i've got a video of you "tight rope walking" across that gulley :)

excellent a clip of the truck in action! doesn't look as bad as i remember it though! looks like its on level ground too! that was the punch we were the only ones to do i believe 22 i think it was

I've got a load of pics, not sure how best to post them ??? (they're currently on my facebook account)

[simpson voice] Doh ![/voice]

Within minutes of going in....

n667984881_2534955_7339535.jpg

n667984881_2534956_3177085.jpg

n667984881_2534962_4487415.jpg

n667984881_2534963_8153138.jpg

....how many times did you have to re-tie your rope ? oops...

n667984881_2534976_4754271.jpg

the expression says it all :

n667984881_2534978_2033663.jpg

n667984881_2534981_755309.jpg

it's going ok at this point :

n667984881_2534986_3233005.jpg

not so ok at this point after a failed winch rope :( :

n667984881_2534987_1255899.jpg

G