Howlin Wolf Round 3

was a hard round we had a fan failure lunch time after a roll over , caused us to call it a day a bit early which may have saved us a fair amount of further damage looking at the rest of the site. good weekend thou , learnt a bit more about the truck and on the more mods for the next round

, Rob thank god for stumps :-)

....how many times did you have to re-tie your rope ? oops...

The lad was pulling round the back end when "TWACK" the rear rope snapped, so he tie's his special fishing knot and we start again,,, "TWACK" it broke in a different place, so off we go and put a new rope on, God knows how he catches any fish with knots that big...

Cheers Zimsoundz

Hi all, my first post here. Attended the event yesterday with Philon and Alex (and Cameron) and it was the first time i've been to something like this. Got to say, had a cracking time and everyone we met was really friendly. Im involved in rallying a lot, with Alex and Cameron, and it was an awesome change of scenery to what im used to. Respect to you guys, what you can do with the vehicles is immense! I took my camera along with me as well, took almost 230 (me and my led finger again!) so i've put a few shots below. Any feedback would be appreciated :)

I've no idea with names or numbers or anything so apologies

0361.jpg

1561c.jpg

0561.jpg

0961.jpg

1361.jpg

Thanks to Philon and Alex for an awesome weekend, hopefully they'll let me come and play again sometime :)

I've got a load of pics, not sure how best to post them ??? (they're currently on my facebook account)

not so ok at this point after a failed winch rope :( :

n667984881_2534987_1255899.jpg

G

Yup, that's how I bent the trailing arm... I was right at the top of that climb, done the punch, and had just started to let myself down... and "snap" AH SH!?!!! It's a long way down!!! and I'm bloody glad that stump was there to catch me... otherwise I'd have gone tumbling down where Sealy rolled earlier on...

Rob

Cracking event Neil but it was hard. We got off to a terrible start as Dan managed to roll his truck on the first punch (just after I said the famous last words "you're fine mate; there's no way you're rolling it there" :lol: ) - I'm blaming Paul Bass for that roll :P . However, we got off lightly given it was quite a heavy roll. I have to say another big thank you to Saley and Carl for giving us a hand getting back on our feet - it was very much appreciated.

After the roll we spent some time getting the car in order and, after a couple of other minor issues, we probably lost about 2 hours out of the day. With that in mind I think we did OK. It's just a shame we got caught up in the last punch and were late back. Ho Hum....

Nick, I wasn't sure who'd done 22. Bloody good effort! I could see someone had been though when I looked at it. As you say, the pictures don't do it justice - that was one hell of a gully!!!! The way you did it was probably the safest way although I'd have only attempted that punch with a car with a seriously good approach angle (like yours) otherwise you could get into all sorts of problems if the nose dropped in. The only other possible way across I thought about was attempting to use momentum and large tyres to carry you across. Obviously that has much more potential for going wrong, though!

It's a real shame about the car however, if you're going to fail, at least fail spectacularly!

That was a good event

Thanks to Neil / Carol and all that put it together, you made full use of all the Welsh hill side again (it might become compulsory

to have a incline metre in the cab for some of the slopes) . I am very pleased with 3rd in class as it is our first Howlin Wolf

in my own truck . But i cant beleave we let John and Rob beat us, its the last time i give them any help and advice or was it those new doors that helped them (that was nothing to do with me).

But i must say it was a good day for all the WEISH teams 2 firsts , 1 third and 1/2 a second place

Thanks to all involved and will see you all at round 4

GWYN LEWIS

any one know if the co-driver from team gunit got his leg looked by some one with more medical knowledge than me??

thanks to all that helped with putting my muscle back inside my leg

the two first aid chaps did a great job sorry did not get their names

. Back at burton hospital they stitched me up with 10 stitches.

Brilliant event our camera man paul as 1 hour of video will try to get it to neil.

mark (co driver.)

The only other possible way across I thought about was attempting to use momentum and large tyres to carry you across................................

:o:huh: :huh: :huh:

Obviously that has much more potential for going wrong, though!

certainly does not even Robs tyres are big enough for that - wheres Bathtub?

just looked at that map - yep it was 22.

i wouldn't say it was the 'killer' punch though - we found that later!

How long did it take you James? I was talking to a few guys stood by it on sunday and said I reckoned it was a 35-40 minute punch. By the look I got I assume they thought I was talking $&!£ and it should have been much longer. Im guessing you guys would have been through in that sort of time?

How long did it take you James? I was talking to a few guys stood by it on sunday and said I reckoned it was a 35-40 minute punch. By the look I got I assume they thought I was talking $&!£ and it should have been much longer. Im guessing you guys would have been through in that sort of time?

i dont know i didnt have time to look at my watch, Dave Lang was there, he may know. Nick was also there, he wasnt doing much :P so may have been clock watching; i guess 30oddmins and that was not helped by the fact we wasted 5mins or so when it wouldnt run on a funny angle immediately prior to the punch.

thanks to all that helped with putting my muscle back inside my leg

the two first aid chaps did a great job sorry did not get their names

. Back at burton hospital they stitched me up with 10 stitches.

Brilliant event our camera man paul as 1 hour of video will try to get it to neil.

mark (co driver.)

glad you got it sorted Mark it looked very painful. Bruce

glad you got it sorted Mark it looked very painful. Bruce

10 days to go before stitches come out then 14 days to get fit (which will be a first) ready for round 4.

bruce if you was one of the lads that helped THANK YOU, the hospital remarked on a good job by the first aid.

the gaffer tape option i think would not of worked.

mark (gunit co driver)

10 days to go before stitches come out then 14 days to get fit (which will be a first) ready for round 4.

bruce if you was one of the lads that helped THANK YOU, the hospital remarked on a good job by the first aid.

the gaffer tape option i think would not of worked.

mark (gunit co driver)

Yes it was me with the latex gloves :ph34r: , i'm guessing it hurt more now as well.

See you there then should have mine fixed by then..

Yes it was me with the latex gloves :ph34r: , i'm guessing it hurt more now as well.

See you there then should have mine fixed by then..

always be afraid of a man with ONE latex glove on !!!!!!!!!!

come and find team gunit camp on the saturday and a large drink will be there for you..

mark (co driver)