LRDirect

Has anyone ordered from LRDirect lately? I've used them before and had no problems, but I ordered a pair of swivel housings from them last Thursday and so far no sign of them :(

I got an email the day I ordered saying the order had been processed and was in the process of being picked and dispatched, but nothing since to say there's a problem and no attempted deliveries. Contacted them today via their website (they don't have a phone number) but haven't had a response so far. They do say that they 'normally' respond the same day, so I guess I'll have to give them Monday to get back to me. If they don't then regardless of what they say about the pointlessness of phoning their parent company (K Motors) I'm going to - I'm sure if I make enough of a nuisance of myself someone will call them and tell them to get their act together :rolleyes:

They are down the road from me. They do have an a*se working there but a few really good guys too. They also trade as a garage - called K Motors - Link

Their parts number is: 01772 299 812

If you ring that number, and make sure you are on to parts, you will get through to the same people who handled your order.

Hope that helps.

A bit worrying if an online retailer doesn't have a contact number.

Yep - if I'd realised that before I ordered it would have made me think twice. Although as I said, I've used them before without a problem - they have the advantage over a lot of the parts suppliers that they make it clear what brand of part you're getting, and often offer a choice (they sell OEM, Britpart and Allmakes swivel housings, for instance).

i was at there trade counter today everything seemed fine.

they are usually quiet good there only downfall tends to be if something is not in stock then I think things get mixed up in the system.

after re-reading the first post I dont understand why they say i is pointless ringing there parent company as there is only two guys doing the parts counter and internet part I would dare to say it would be the best way forward.

Failing that I have to go down on Tuesday to get some stuff so if I can help

My first and last experience with them almost 2 years ago:

- they don't reply e-mails, contact form, anything in electronic written form - probably they dont have keyboards attached to their computers

- they sent me a defective a part and sent me some britpart items instead of genuine but charged me the genuine prices

- every time I sent an e-mail I waited 2-3 days, no reply, I had to call (Kmotors parts department phone number)

- they confirmed on the phone they received my e-mails

- it took 3 weeks and 8 phone calls to solve the matter.

The way they work is this: receive your order, place the order with britpart, receive the box with your ordered parts from britpart, they don't bother to check the content of the box against your order, they send you the box.

Possibly britpart didn't have your parts on stock or some other reason for delay.

Or maybe they know you're admin here and know about the bad (but true) things about lrdirect said on the forum :D

They are down the road from me. They do have an a*se working there but a few really good guys too. They also trade as a garage - called K Motors - Link

Their parts number is: 01772 299 812

If you ring that number, and make sure you are on to parts, you will get through to the same people who handled your order.

Hope that helps.

K Motors / LR Direct is my one and only - surprised to hear any complaints at all. I've traded with them for about 19 years on three sites, and it's been handed down in the family once!

They have had three numpties on parts in the last three years, but Ralph is a sound chap and Barry does part numbers from memory.

K Motors / LR Direct is my one and only - surprised to hear any complaints at all. I've traded with them for about 19 years on three sites, and it's been handed down in the family once!

They have had three numpties on parts in the last three years, but Ralph is a sound chap and Barry does part numbers from memory.

I use K motors a lot Ralf is a star... but Barry is an ignorant get who puts me off using the firm all together.... he should just play with the VW's that he obviously prefers

used them before and only had 1 small problem 1 item was missing emailed them got no reply emailed them again with in 30 min got a reply sayin that my delivery was direct from supplyer and they were out of stock and recived a refund with in a day or two would deal with again but it was conserning that they had no phone number

There is an address and a fax number on the site. And it says 'we are a division of K Motors ltd'

Where a quick google of K Motors would yield a phone number.

Obviously most peoples approach, since they have a statement on their website that calling K Motors won't do you any good...

- they sent me a defective a part and sent me some britpart items instead of genuine but charged me the genuine prices

I ordered 4 genuine stub axles, three were genuine, one wasn't, despite being charged for 4 genuine ones. I emailed, but no reply. I didn't persue it any further but I haven't used them again

Well, they're not doing any better...

Still no response from LRDirect.com, so I phoned their parent company K Motors at lunch time. They insisted they couldn't do anything as LRDirect is on a different site and they can't even phone them themselves, but said they would email them and get them to call me. Needless to say, I've heard nothing from them :rolleyes:

I'm doing my best to sort this out amicably, but it's looking more and more like I'm going to have to get my credit card company involved :angry:

Well, they're not doing any better...

Still no response from LRDirect.com, so I phoned their parent company K Motors at lunch time. They insisted they couldn't do anything as LRDirect is on a different site and they can't even phone them themselves, but said they would email them and get them to call me. Needless to say, I've heard nothing from them :rolleyes:

I'm doing my best to sort this out amicably, but it's looking more and more like I'm going to have to get my credit card company involved :angry:

They are talkin out of there backside. I have seen them sort there orders out for the web site and talked to them about it I will but my house on the fact the guy who answered the phone packs the boxes too.

The only reason they could have said that is if there havin a supplier deliver to you direct.

I would be fuming if it was me there is no excuse for bad customer service

Sounds like they have already damaged any chance of sales to this fraternity.

The last order I placed with them took over a week to get here. Having seen the posts here I will not be using them again.

Steve

Geoff, I found a mobile phone # in my archives you may want to try: 07** 687 ***2.

It use to belong to the person in charge with deliveries at lrdirect, last time it was confirmed was in June last year.

Well, progress at last. LRDirect have been in contact with me, apologised for the service (so I'll give them a brownie point for that) and said that they're actually out of stock. They're trying to source them and will get back to me, so we'll see how they get on. Apparently the guy who emailed me has been off sick and no-one else will touch his work :rolleyes:

I have used lrdirect but i dont like the payment system, the garage k motors isnt far from me but i have found they dont allways have the items needed in stock. so i have been using buckley brothers in darwin, only thing with them is the website ordering service seems to charge you more for the parts than if you go in???

To draw this to a conclusion - my truck has just failed its MOT and I'm not prepared to do all the work she needs, which has made the swivels somewhat redundant. I contacted LRDirect by email and suggested that if they hadn't managed to source them yet then it would save both of us hassle and money if they just refunded me - Paul at LRDirect said that he had managed to get them (he reckons they could well be the last pair in the country...) but he's got a queue of people waiting for them so he's quite happy to refund me and sell them to someone else :)

Since Paul got back their customer service and communication has actually been good - think they just need to work on better cover when people are off!

• 1 month later...

Hi Folks,

Just adding my experience here also.

All I wanted was a bottom hose....needless to say have experienced, no response to three contacts, and two calls to K Motors.

If I was not 300 Miles away I would just appear. I have just got details from Companies house on the Director and Secretary, will try getting a hold of them direct as this is the worst company I have ever dealt with....

As for K Motors if there is no way they can contact why do they have on their website...and I quote

"Or use our online shop for UK NEXT DAY and WORLDWIDE internet parts sales"

Unbelievable

Hector