It's been a while

But I am still building my 110... yeah, got the majority of the running gear sorted, just missing, well the other 1/2!

Anyhow, I have a question as im getting confused about speedos.

Fitting a TD5 dash and I have a 1.2 ratio transfer box, what speedo do I need?

will pop a image of the build project at some point.

Western has a mega thread on here somewhere about fitting a late type speedo. In short though, you could fit either sort i.e. the old cable driven type with an old speedo head, or a Td5 electronic speedo with the sensor on the transfer box, though the later type looks nicer :)

you will need the speedo drive gear & transducer unit from the Discovery 1.22:1 ratio transfer box, then fit these to the TB you have, the drive gear will correct the speedo.

as a example my 110 is running the 1.41 TB with the blue drive gear frc3310 with 255/85x16 tyres which operates the Td5 transducer & electronic speedo, reads almost spot on according to my gps unit speed reading.

if you use the disco drive gear you'll get the reading as though you were on disco sized tyres...

this means for 235/85's or 265/75's your speedo will be underreading quite a bit.

You want to use the original defender drive gear, with the transducer for the TD5 speedo.