Defender Heated Seat Elemets

I've wired in a pair of Defender heated seats in my landy with the original electrical wiring harness and buttons, but it appears that it was missing a few parts. :huh: ......being told what is suppose to be complete and what you get are obviouslty two different things. :o

It only had the main wire that go to the bottom cushions, nothing that hooks up to the rear cushion elements. Ok, yes it's nice to have power to them but it would be nice to wire in the back cushions to. Looking through the Defender manuals that I have I've not been able to find a wiring diagram to the heated seats. :( Would somebody have one here and can post it?

Also, the drivers side bottom cushion element seems to be dead. The pass. side works perfectly fine and hooking it up on the other side, shows that it is wired up correctly but the other element simply won't warm up. :angry: So I've been thinking, if I can sort out the wiring to the rear cushion elements, could I remove one and place it in the bottom cushion that doesn't work ??

I'm the primary person who's in the landy at any given time, so if the drivers seat is fully wired in for heat and the passenger seat has a bottom cushion that works, this will suit me perfectly fine.

Cheers,

Todd.

I can't help with a diagram, but I can tell you that my seat frames have 2 pairs of wires on them, one is a link lead and plugs into the seat bottom/base and the other connects to the wiring loom (if there was one...) so there shouldn't be 2 sets of wires coming from the loom to the seat...

Not sure if that helps or not, but......

Also, the drivers side bottom cushion element seems to be dead.

Problem found, both the wired broken off completely :o

Solved!

Rewired the heater element and she works perfectly fine.

.......Now to sort out the rear cushions so that they work.

I can tell you that my seat frames have 2 pairs of wires on them, one is a link lead and plugs into the seat bottom/base and the other connects to the wiring loom

Never even thought of that and will look into this in the morning, after I've checked out the diagram in the provided link.

Many thanks guys.

Todd.

post-194-1242596510_thumb.jpg