special vechiles fitted pto superwinch

Hi folks

some advice please

I have a 300tdi which has gone through the special vechiles department for what i belive was the waterboard. It has a superwinch pto winch fitted which i would like a parts diagram for the whole instalation as i need a part for the drive train.

Any one any idea where i can get this from and who i can order it from?

Also are these better than elactric winches? advantages/disadvantages

many thanks

regards antony110

Hi folks

some advice please

I have a 300tdi which has gone through the special vechiles department for what i belive was the waterboard. It has a superwinch pto winch fitted which i would like a parts diagram for the whole instalation as i need a part for the drive train.

Any one any idea where i can get this from and who i can order it from?

Also are these better than elactric winches? advantages/disadvantages

many thanks

regards antony110

I have one of those with the superwinch H14W driven from the pto. Which parts you want?

Which parts do you need? You can get them from Superwinch themselves in Devon but they are a tad expensive. If it's UJ's or bearings then take the old ones to a speciallist like BSL Brammer and they will be able to match them up for a fraction of the Superwinch cost. If other bits like driveshafts etc either make them yourself or talk to the Defender centre as they often have them lying about.

HTH

James

I have one of those with the superwinch H14W driven from the pto. Which parts you want?

hi 51bigG i need the mechanism which controls the engaging of turning the winch on an of from inside the cab, to were it links on to the back of the PTO. The guy i brought it of took it of to stop his son from winching any thing he could all the time! but sadly he lost it. i also need the piece of metal that slides between the prop shaft and the housing which holds the ujs (this stops the propshaft turning and the uj from staying still)(this is just a thin piece of metal and i pressume a local enginering firm would make it up for me)

thanks Antony 110

I've an installation manual for the pto one - drop me a pm with your email address and I'll send it to you.

Do a search on here for how to rotate the PTO to give more clearance.

Hi many thanks i have pm you

Which parts do you need? You can get them from Superwinch themselves in Devon but they are a tad expensive. If it's UJ's or bearings then take the old ones to a speciallist like BSL Brammer and they will be able to match them up for a fraction of the Superwinch cost. If other bits like driveshafts etc either make them yourself or talk to the Defender centre as they often have them lying about.

HTH

James

thanks for the advice its always nice to save some money

regards Antony 110

thanks for the advice its always nice to save some money

regards Antony 110

I got the ujs I needed from local place that does the likes and the carrier bearings as well, I think I paid €50 for two bearings and 3 ujs. Sorry cant help any more than that.