Help required from newbie

I have a 2'' lift on my 93 classic and have a set of 33''x12.50/15 mastercraft tyres on mods coming tomo am. Will it work without any more mods or??

Thanks

On full articulation the tyres foul both front and rear. To stop this you will need extended bump stops and will need to trim about 12mm off the front wing wheel arch radius. You will probably also need to flare out the inner rear wing (behind the rear door) and trim off the internal lower front corner of the rear wing.

Fit them and teast carefully at full articualation and sterring lock. You can temp tie wrap some bits of timber/ply to the axle bump stop points. Start at 25mm thick , increase the depth until they stop fouling. That will give you the size of extended bump stops you need.

On full articulation the tyres foul both front and rear. To stop this you will need extended bump stops and will need to trim about 12mm off the front wing wheel arch radius. You will probably also need to flare out the inner rear wing (behind the rear door) and trim off the internal lower front corner of the rear wing.

Fit them and teast carefully at full articualation and sterring lock. You can temp tie wrap some bits of timber/ply to the axle bump stop points. Start at 25mm thick , increase the depth until they stop fouling. That will give you the size of extended bump stops you need.

Thanks for the help Fitz. Am on the drive now 'playing' with the thing, so will let you know how I do.

Normally the tyre fits into a cavity withing thw wheel arch when articulated, however 33x12.50 tyres will envariably stick out too far to fit up where the smaller tyres would. The wheels offset will also effect this, as will the ammount of articulation. The tyres don't just move upwards when articulated. To fit 33x10.50 (measured, not claimed 34") on my vehicle I cut a lot off the outer wheel arches and extended them.

Just extending the bumpstops untill the tyres don't catch is not an ideal solution on a land rover. The bumpstop length should be matched to the springs and vehicle weight. Some vehicles such as G wagons are designed such that the bumpstops are reguarly contacted, but then their bumpstops are rather different to the LR design, being relativerly longer and softer.

Well they are on !!(pic tomo) had to cut some bits out as the advice suggested...and she rolls beautifully. Stick out a bit mind..arch kit coming tomo but how do other people find the sticky out wheels? any trouble from the boys in blue?

Glad to hear there on OK,,, just test a bit at full articulation before you take it off road. Better that than bugger up your nice new tyres :)