disco misfire

murran

hi chaps,

looking for a little help diagnosing an intermittent misfire/lack of power problem.

its a 96 n 300tdi with 114k on it, ive had it for a couple of months now.

its seems to have developed a misfire over the last few days. it shows itself when you accelarate slowly in gear or pulling up a hill, the car shakes and has noitablely less power. doesnt do it every time tho. if you boot it and get the turbo working it goes like it should.

im thinking its something on the fuel side. ive got no service histroy with it whatsoever (tho ive changed the oil since i bought it) think i might change the fuel filter as it looks old.

questions? do the injectors need servicing/reconditioning?

do the fuel dizzy pumps go wrong on these things?

thanks!

well ive fitted a new fuel filter and after a few miles it seems to have cured it!

next problem started with a squeeking then a cluncking on take up of drive and still squeeking!

had a quick look under it today and the front prop u/j nearest the gearbox is falling out! :(

Have you also cleaned the sedimentor if it has one, also worth checking - not all vehicles have them.

sedimentor???

im new to this landrover stuff! had old vws audis before this disco.

where on earth do people buy these prop u/js? cant find anyone in sheffield that even stock them! not paying £33 each from guy salmon!

ive ended up ordering them from paddock online, tho it doesnt say when their going to turn up?

any ideas?

What might be worth a look also is the electrical connection for the fuel cut-off switch at the back of the injector pump. Mine gets a bit of crud in there occasionly (or just loosens up) and gives me the same problems ie; plays up on hills and accelerating from a standing start. Do a search on the site here, I'm sure there will be a photo somewhere of the connection I'm talking about or some considerate person with a photo handy might slip one into this post, hint hint.

What might be worth a look also is the electrical connection for the fuel cut-off switch at the back of the injector pump. Mine gets a bit of crud in there occasionly (or just loosens up) and gives me the same problems ie; plays up on hills and accelerating from a standing start. Do a search on the site here, I'm sure there will be a photo somewhere of the connection I'm talking about or some considerate person with a photo handy might slip one into this post, hint hint.

checked that wire. the single spade terminal? cuts straight out when you pull it off! was a loose fit but ive tightened up the spade terminal with some pliars just incase!

never heard of that bearmach place before! downloaded the disco parts thing......

they are hardy spicer ones ive ordered from paddock.

checked that wire. the single spade terminal? cuts straight out when you pull it off! was a loose fit but ive tightened up the spade terminal with some pliars just incase!

never heard of that bearmach place before! downloaded the disco parts thing......

they are hardy spicer ones ive ordered from paddock.

front prop u/js havent come yet. will need to use the landy on monday.

if i took the front prop off and put the diff lock on would it still drive ok? how strong is the center diff lock?