windscreen squirter info?

Thanks, that's good info. Funny, our IP here is InCapable and Useless too. Hmmm...

I looked long and hard at the Bearmach website, but damned if I could figure out what they have in stock or how to search for it. I seem to have just gotten descriptions of various Land Rovers ( some wrong, by the way) and I found ways to download various catalogues, and I kept reading about them, but I tried downloading the one for Defenders and got a PDF thing with a bunch of exhaust manifold drawings. I guess that if it took me more than two minutes to figure how how to do a "search" for a known part number, I moved on.

The website is a bit carp - we don't use it for anything other than accessory stuff and they do a hard copy catalogue for that anyway which I am sure they would post you.

Try and download a copy of EPC/Microcat or a microfiche to identify part numbers and then just go by that - or get a slightly older hard copy parts catalogue as most of the bits are common anyway.

BM do their own brand stuff (often junk), OEM branded stuff (usually good and cheap) and order genuine stuff more or less daily from Land Rover as well so can get any genuine part with a 2-3 day lead time and then post it on. We get a mix of genuine and OEM stuff according to the need.

yes, and if I actually get a reply on Tuesday, it will make just shy of a week since I started trying to contact them.

It's a bank holiday here, Monday, too. I DO live in a British territory after all.

my supplier has/can get all the parts you listed for less than the subtotal you had on the e.mail, he will respond to a e.mail from you & I've said I would get you to contact him direct.

Thanks Western,.

I did get your email, and have sent one of my own to Bob. I did ask if it was possible for him to source the Exmoor EX 5187 Truck Cab hood and add that to the list.

Thanks Western,.

I did get your email, and have sent one of my own to Bob. I did ask if it was possible for him to source the Exmoor EX 5187 Truck Cab hood and add that to the list.

That's good, hopefully he will be able to fill the full order[he did say the parts on the original list could be obtained or were in stock]

I have no doubt, and his prices seem to be extremely competitive.

Ah, but the question is.....

can he export?

There is still the matter of shipping, and whether his system can handle a non VAT sale...

I have no doubt, and his prices seem to be extremely competitive.

Ah, but the question is.....

can he export?

There is still the matter of shipping, and whether his system can handle a non VAT sale...

He said if you can arrange the shipping with your prefferd courier & see if they can deal/assist him with the VAT reclam then he has no problem supplying the parts.

I write a blog on tropical life, and had mentioned this hassle getting parts on it this week. I just received a comment from one of our readers, and they said that they had imported stuff from the UK in the past using a company called Transglobal with great success. She sent me a link to their UK operation. I will be contacting them, because Fed Ex is very expensive. One of the reasons I have tried so hard to find all the parts under one roof, to just pay one shipping fee.

This Transglobal Courier service looks interesting. It is looking like Bob can save me some money over the big boys on the merchandise, and perhaps these guys can save on the shipping. Good stuff!!

I have copied you on my email to them, Western.

Well, it's now noon on Tuesday in the UK, and the ONLY one of the bunch who haved responded to my emails is the courier company, Transglobal. They sound on the ball, offering door to door service.

At this point I am about ready to throw all previous correspondence in the rubbish bin and start over.

Well, I thought some of you guys might be interested in what I have found so far. I was pretty frustrated, yesterday, after a week with hardly any response of any kind. So I emailed, faxed, and generally tried to make a nuisance of myself. I basically sent the same list of goods to every Land Rover parts dealer I could find that seemed to be set up to handle the order.

So far, today, I have received replies from Land Ranger, Rimmer Bros. and Craddock, and have a partial reply from LRP.

Pricewise, Land Ranger is far and away the most attractive. LRP Camborne is close to Land Ranger. Rimmer Bros. is the highest price, by far. Everyone quotes the Exmoor hood at 226, for example. Rimmer quotes it at 250. That's quite the markup.

There are some major differences in carriage costs, as well, mostly due to the different ways each vendor proposes to ship. There may be some adjustments there.