you'll think i'm daft! lower springs and anti roll bars

where ( now that scrapiron has went titz up) can i get a set of lowered springs and anti roll bars front and back to fit my 90?

are there any kits out there or am i making my own.

Buy some Britpart springs, fit them, and then wait a week..............

I'm not sure you need to replace/alter the ARB?

Les.

:lol::lol::lol:

It doesnt have anti roll bars fitted looking for a kit for front and rear

Find a disco in a scrapyard and rob its ARB's

As for lowering springs you'll probably need to get something custom made, as you'll want a spring with a higher poundage, but shorter than stock. You might be able to cut a coil or two off the stock springs, but it would need some careful calculations to see if they are going to provide the correct ride height and rate that you want.

as mentioned the custom spring is the best option

i bet www.td5alive.com or www.allisport.com or someone similar will be able to help you out as i'm sure theres were lowered the (TD5's that they had on the track)

dave

try www.coilsprings.co.uk they can supply any spring for any vehicle at any length/poundage.

as the website says;

* Want your Defender 90 4" higher for crushing mountain bikers - No Problem

* Want to put a 6.2 diesel engine and winch in your Range-Rover and still have 15” ground clearance? - We’ve got the spring

* Want to smuggle diesel into GB in the back of your Discovery? We’ve got the Springs

* Want to tow a field gun with a 110 L/Rover with 6 fully laden troops? -We’ve got the springs.

* Want to rustle 6 sheep in the back of your 4-Trak? - We’ve got the springs

* Want to go hawking in the desert with 6 sheiks in a Land-Cruiser? - We’ve got the springs.

* Want to radically lower your Freelander down to crumpet pulling level? - sorry we’re good, but not that good.

i like the last one :) :)

where ( now that scrapiron has went titz up) can i get a set of lowered springs and anti roll bars front and back to fit my 90?

are there any kits out there or am i making my own.

I do them ;)

Well, at the moment I haven't got the anti roll bars sorted.... as playing with some adjustable ones.

But I do offer -2" springs (mildly uprated so not too hard)....

And unlike every one else who offers a 'lowering' kit I have also had my own dampers made, these are also -2" so actually sit in the correct part of their travel. The dampers come with a 2 year warranty and are adjustable on the car (16 point) - unlike other Dampers which you have to remove to change the settings.

Another worthwhile mod is a decent set of bushes (the only ones I supply and recommend are SuperPro)

With the above mods and a standard set of anti roll bars you Defender will handle well!!

Ian