Steel Modular Wheels

StreetDragster

hi all,

I was just about to get some wheel spacers to give me more steering lock on my Discovery 1 with 265/75/16's on, when i read an old post saying that someone swapped to modulars and gained more lock.

I'm assuming this is due to the offset, anyone know

1) What ranges of offset the modulars are avalible in, can they match the +30mm wheel spacers?

2) What width of modular i need for the above tyres? 10"?

3) Wheres a good place to get them from, just the wheels, no tyres.

Thanks In Advance

Matt

hi all,

I was just about to get some wheel spacers to give me more steering lock on my Discovery 1 with 265/75/16's on, when i read an old post saying that someone swapped to modulars and gained more lock.

I'm assuming this is due to the offset, anyone know

1) What ranges of offset the modulars are avalible in, can they match the +30mm wheel spacers?

2) What width of modular i need for the above tyres? 10"?

3) Wheres a good place to get them from, just the wheels, no tyres.

Thanks In Advance

Matt

Mods are available in all sorts of sizes.

For 265/75x16 tyres, a standard 16x7J modular will be fine.

The offset will be more than adequate for you - you should find that you can wind the lock stops right in to give you maximum lock.

Almost all of the major suppliers can get you a set - usually around the £25 - £30 mark - shop around for a good price.

Matt

The off set on mod's is better than standard wheels but i'm running 265's on 7x16 mods and fitted spacers to get my steering lock back. The tyres are special tracks so over size but a mate has 265 Cooper st's on his disco and we found he needed spacers with these to get his steering lock back as well.

HTH

Brookers

The off set on mod's is better than standard wheels but i'm running 265's on 7x16 mods and fitted spacers to get my steering lock back. The tyres are special tracks so over size but a mate has 265 Cooper st's on his disco and we found he needed spacers with these to get his steering lock back as well.

HTH

Brookers

Dammit, i have special tracks on too, the steering lock at present is terrible, and i need to do some quite tight reversing to get onto my drive. Sounds like spacers are for me :(

Thanks for all replys, very interesting.

Matt

I think the previous comment about needing spacers was on standard rims -I wait to be corrected of course.

Better offset wheels is the way to go really, and AFAIR the Modulars give about an inch extra offset, which should be enough.

I think the previous comment about needing spacers was on standard rims -I wait to be corrected of course.

Better offset wheels is the way to go really, and AFAIR the Modulars give about an inch extra offset, which should be enough.

Your corrected :P

My set up is 265/75 x 16 insa special tracks on grey 7x16 modular wheels and they do not have enough off set to prevent the tyres fouling on the raidius arms. If I adjust the steering stops to prevent the tyres fouling then the turning circle resembles an oil tanker. With QT 30mm spacers fitted and the steering stops adjusted to factory spec, I have a normal turning circle and about 10 - 15mm between the inner edge of the tyre and the radius arm when on full lock.

HTH Brookers