Strata Florida

disco_al

As per the title really, i am planning to traverse the Strata at some point over the next few months, and was just wondering if i should consider any extra protection for the Disco - standard 300tdi ES at the moment.

I have been pondering diff guards, and i will remove the side steps before we go to give it some extra clearance. Needless to say i will not be trying it on my own, as there are about 3-4 of us planning on going - 2 x 300's, possibly a couple of TD5 Disco's and a Defender 90.

Sorry if it's been done to death, tried the search but didn't really find what i was after

It goes without saying really, but please make sure that you keep to the correct route - even if it is under water. There are no soft bits on Strata, it is all hard stone so if you are driving on soft stuff you are are off the track.

Strata has come under regular scrutiny from the powers-that-be recently, thanks mainly to the pillocks that stray off the track to play, and they are likely to take a hard line if they catch anyone off the correct route

already got it planned into memory map, and have my gps linked up to it as well, so shouldn't stray off it. i don't like to go "off piste" where lanes are concerned - unless i feel that the obstacle is beyond either mine or my trucks capabilities. if i do need to stray from the path, then it's usually to straddle a rut that's too deep.

• 2 weeks later...
already got it planned into memory map, and have my gps linked up to it as well, so shouldn't stray off it. i don't like to go "off piste" where lanes are concerned - unless i feel that the obstacle is beyond either mine or my trucks capabilities. if i do need to stray from the path, then it's usually to straddle a rut that's too deep.

never done this but want any company?