Bow Motor or XP

i had the same decision to make a few weeks ago when sorting motors for my gigglepin,but being a tight t**t i went for bowmotors.Simply on the reason that i could get 2 for the price of one,and also have the option of going 24v at a later date

Paul :)

Gwyn must have put you up to this <_<

How long is a piece of string-as you have just stated xp's are silly money right now and are not worth the extra if you are running two (ouch) as Gwyn has guaranteed to do you a stunning deal on two Bowmotors if you mention my name :hysterical: I told him he wouldn't catch me at the last event with those xp's fitted to his car and i believe he has also now gone to bowmotors B) in an attempt to keep up ;)ps thanks to dave ashcroft for the fast turnaround

John

I think Nobby just wanted to know if you seen a difference from XPs to Bows as you bave used both.

They cant be that bad as you have had a 2nd and 3rd place using them,or is it super fit Rob that does it for you :o

I took my motors off last weekend to clean and check, i could not beleave the moisture in them, and only done

2 events, whatever motor you all use they must be serviced quite often, i thinck a breather in the motors is the next

thing to sort out ?

Gwyn Lewis

Gwyn must have put you up to this <_<

who ? ? ? Never :lol:

but the question is a serious 1 youve used both XP's And Bows in the same winch on similar events is there a difference??

also i cant make you stickers if i dnt know what you want chuck it over on a pm and ill get it done when i come back from my hols and before round 4

Nobby

xps are slightly faster than bows but we have used bows with no probs for last 2 years on our comp car.and to get the best out of them they need to be stripped, cleaned and resealed regularly and replaced before they fail.

as to price every thing is dearer at the moment because of the exchange rate.

my vote goes to bow motors

John

I think Nobby just wanted to know if you seen a difference from XPs to Bows as you bave used both.

They cant be that bad as you have had a 2nd and 3rd place using them,or is it super fit Rob that does it for you :o

I took my motors off last weekend to clean and check, i could not beleave the moisture in them, and only done

2 events, whatever motor you all use they must be serviced quite often, i thinck a breather in the motors is the next

thing to sort out ?

Gwyn Lewis

Nobby as you will be aware Gwyn and i have had a standing joke about our winch motors for a long time as i was using xp's and he was using Bows. After burning out an xp that was quite old in all fairness i have now fitted two bows and have been more than happy with them. I even have some money left in the bank. I could talk bull for hours about the merits of both but in short you might as well buy bows. PM sent .

Gwyn :Tracey is shocked that you think Rob is any fitter than she is and you are in so much trouble now that you shouldn't turn up at the next event.....therfore i beat you by default. :D

• 1 year later...