Removal/refit of 90 rear panels - how please?

Need to change the offside rear panel before i put a hardtop onto the car - it looks like its just a case of drilling the rivets out on the top and side capping and removing the two crossmember bolts..........

Has anyone done it and if so can they please confirm for me.

Sorry, not sure why you want to remove this part, is your existing one damaged ?

Id you have a new one you might get a better idea of how it attaches...

Hiya - yes its damaged - quite badly, I have a new one which clearly shows the returns in the panelwork but there are limited pre-drilled fixings holes within it along the capping lines which suggests that you drill your own using the cappings as guides...? - the two crossmember bolt fixing holes are present - so perhaps you use them first to ensure its in the right position......?

ralph i think he means the rear panels either side of the door not the rear wing.

I think all you do is drill out the rivets in all the cappings around it, remove the 2 crossmember bolts and you may need to drill out the 2 little rivets eother side of the bolts as i think there are captive nut plates rivetted to the back, will probably need some fiddling around to get it out but can't be too hard

Good luck

Dave

ralph i think he means the rear panels either side of the door not the rear wing.

I think all you do is drill out the rivets in all the cappings around it, remove the 2 crossmember bolts and you may need to drill out the 2 little rivets eother side of the bolts as i think there are captive nut plates rivetted to the back, will probably need some fiddling around to get it out but can't be too hard

Good luck

Dave

Thanks Dave - thats magic - yes its the rear panel that im changing - im also advised, there are some spotwelds underneath the top capping and some by the door aperture - thats cool - i'll do it tomorrow. Thanks everyone for their help

Good luck

Dave

normally 3 spotwelds at the wheelarch horizontal panel to rear panel too.