newbie help needed

gwsrich

Good evening everyone my names Rich After viewing all the differant topic's and reading all the replies i finally brought a v8 petrol/lpg 1993k plate discovery checked it all over and all was ok. got it home and now cant open the rear boot door. when i turn the key the lock button jumps up but handle just does not operate tried to climb over seats and pull the internal handle and it seems like its still locked tried holding the button up with one hand while pulling the handle inside and outside but no joy does the panel come off easy?. does anyone have any ideas how to get it open? :D many thanks in advance. hope i have posted correctly

Rich

Try holding the key in the open position while lifting the latch handle. If that works then you need to relpace the small spring in the latch itself. If not then I can not help

Replacing the small spring is not too difficult. I relpaced 2 over the weekend. I will try to post the detail of it but if you want email me I will give you the heads up on the problems you are likely to face.

Regrads

Hugh

All sorted took panel off of door and found and replaced broken spring and one of the clips that holds the rod on to the exterior handle was in the bottom of the door after a lot of faffing i got it all together and it works :D

no doubt i will be back very soon with more question that i need answers to.

cheers

Rich