Proper seat covers

Hey guys,

I'm changing gears here from the normal mechanical question ... to seat covers.

I'm looking for a proper set of seat covers with a pouch(es) at the back to fill with toys/books for the kids; something that won't slide off the seat as you get in/out of your Landy.

I had a look at the Melvill & Moon covers on Exmoor's website, but I really can't stomach the price tag.

What else do you guys use?

Cheers,

JackSA.

Hey guys,

I'm changing gears here from the normal mechanical question ... to seat covers.

I'm looking for a proper set of seat covers with a pouch(es) at the back to fill with toys/books for the kids; something that won't slide off the seat as you get in/out of your Landy.

I had a look at the Melvill & Moon covers on Exmoor's website, but I really can't stomach the price tag.

What else do you guys use?

Cheers,

JackSA.

Have a look on ebay. There are a lot on there, not so many that are a proper tight fit - so search them out of the loose fitting rubbish. I got a great pair for the range rover seats i'd fitted to the front of my 110 on there. Fit tight, waterproof and hard wearing.

Have a look on ebay. There are a lot on there, not so many that are a proper tight fit - so search them out of the loose fitting rubbish. I got a great pair for the range rover seats i'd fitted to the front of my 110 on there. Fit tight, waterproof and hard wearing.

Nice one, thanks for the reply.

Do you have the make of your covers?

-JackSA

These were the ones I was looking at for my 90. They look a tight fit in the pictures, its just are they the same as the pictures when there infront of you?

Im now going buckets as my seats and runners are knackered beyond repair.

Mick.

-JackSA

Are you in the UK? The Melville and Moon covers are much less expensive in SA where they are made. I have them and they are really excellent, though I had to swallow hard even paying 65% of the UK price here in Botswana.

Cheers

I got some covers from either 4X4 MegaWorld or the Outdoorwherehouse in Joberg. Ordinary car ones. When we got home we cut the seat base bit from the back. Then fitted them very tight. They have drawstrings fited. Both of us are pleased with them.

mike

-JackSA

This chap:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/winterton2...armrsZ1QQ_fromZ

was who i bought mine from - like i say they are for RRC seats - these pairs he has advertised int he above link are great and the same make as mine. Don;t know if you can get them for the defender seats. The make is HDC COVERS LTD. I was dead impressed with them - thick, waterproof, hard wearing and a snug fit, with access to the back pockets on the seat. Think i paid £30 for the set.

Hope that helps.

Hey guys,

Thanks to everyone for your replies, loads of advice there, thanks.

Gemsbok: The price in the UK for M&M covers is taking the p*ss to say the least (does it have to be that expensive?), but you're right, they are great.

Cheers,

JackSA

TJM do a set of seat covers that can be made to fit most seats... They fit quite comfortably around Range Rover seats and also can be adjusted to suit the likes of fast road seats, like Recaros etc.

They have pockets all over the place and various sets of draw strings and bungee sections to make them properly snug over the original seat so they don't slide around or come off when getting in and out of the vehicle.

The only problem is, they are one-piece ones. I think they could work on standard Defender seats, but am not overly sure...

The other problem is that I can't find any detils of them. A friend purchased his from OEC, so might be worth speaking to Anton there...