200TDI Oil Pump Rebuild?

So - having got myself a nice shiny Turner short block, I need to make sure my old oil pump is capable of keeping everything lubed... I read somewhere about pump rebuild kits for the 200TDI, but I've no idea where to get such a thing (Google didn't help). Does anyone here know who supplies them? If not, how should I go about rejuvenating my pump?

That's usually what people do - if the housing is fine (no internal scoring from the gears), then replacing just the gears restores the pump.

If I was rebuilding an oil pump I would replace -

Gear - oil pump - ERC9706

Gear - oil pump idler - ERR1088

Maybe the shaft if it's worn - ERR850

Pressure relief plunger and spring -

Spring - 564456

Plunger - ETC4880

Sealing washer - 232044

And maybe the upper bush if necessary - ERR500

Les.

That's usually what people do - if the housing is fine (no internal scoring from the gears), then replacing just the gears restores the pump.

If I was rebuilding an oil pump I would replace -

Gear - oil pump - ERC9706

Gear - oil pump idler - ERR1088

Maybe the shaft if it's worn - ERR850

Pressure relief plunger and spring -

Spring - 564456

Plunger - ETC4880

Sealing washer - 232044

And maybe the upper bush if necessary - ERR500

Les.

Les - you're a star! Many thanks indeed! :):)

• 7 years later...

plenty out there just 2 suppliers as a example LR dealer may not have stock but independent LR parts suppliers do. plus there's one in the Turner Engineering kit too.

http://www.lrisolutions.co.uk/index.php/new-genuine-land-rover-oil-pump-plunger-etc4880.html

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-Defender-oil-pump-plunger-ETC4880-/220541449286

When I got my shiny block from Turners I measured the clearances for the gears in the housings (w/shop manual gives the clearances) and finding no wear there or in the housing just re-used them. Unless the plunger is badly scored the advice from Richard was to give it a quick polish and re-use it. If there's no wear in the shaft or the bush it runs in then I took the view that it was good to go again. I would recommend packing the gears with some engine build grease to get the oil sucked through faster when you spin it up to get the oil pressure before first start.