300tdi sump plug

jimmmy

Hey Guys

this is my first post even though I have been reading through many.

I am hoping this is something you fellas can help me with.

I am wondering if the 300TDI or any other landrover for that matter came with a 1/4" BSP thread? I am trying to find a sump plug with these dimensions and was led towards this particular engine.

I recently grabbed a couple of sump plugs for this engine but they appear to be an M10.

I think there are two types? One with a 19mm head and one with a 15mm head? I have a 19mm head one here. Does the 15mm headed one have a different hread?

other option may be to get a drain plug type fitment.

any help would be great.

cheers

James

It is just a guess but it might be worth you checking out bungs for the older engines i.e. the 2.25 petrol/diesel, I have no idea what thread they are but probably imperial rather than metric.

fair enough. So you think the sump plug has changed over the years?

cheers

James

Having done a bit of searching it would appear that the 2.25 engine uses a 3/8 BSP plug so no use :(

Could you use something generic - seem to be lots of options http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&saf...amp;btnG=Search

The other option if you are needing to make something is just to get a nut with the thread of a bung that you can get easily (like the 300Tdi one) and weld/braze that onto the sump pan then drill a hole through the middle, if thats what you are needing to do. I've seen a few sumps with stripped threads repaired in this way, works perfectly well as a repair and is a lot cheaper than buying a new sump!