90 bumperettes

Hello all

Decided to make myself som heavy duty corner protectors for the 90. Its taking rather a lot of time (lots of distractions) but i've nearly got one side done. There made out off 2.5mm 40mm square box, which should be light weight but still strong enough. Still need to find some nice bolts to mount them and cut and cap the end by the wheel spat.

What do you think?

Nick

post-14295-1243196757_thumb.jpg

post-14295-1243197058_thumb.jpg

maybe not bright orange!

They are done, but haven't done the side braces yet. They will have a triangular flat plate welded underneath that will bend down slightly to the crossmember. Probably weld some ribs onto to give it more compression strength.

To be honest though they are quiet strong already. I've been standing on one of them and jumping up and down!

Nick

• 3 weeks later...

The bearmach ones look quite smart but aren't a particularly strong construction (particularly the brackets). Equipe do some really nice tubular ones but at £360 they are way way over priced!

I would happily make more for people but its pretty time consuming! ie i couldn't afford to sell for £60, let alone £30 as my firend suggested yesterday (he is from yorkshire so you have to forgive him!)

Nick