Discovery Auto 300 TDI EDC 1998

Olsin PETRO

I was testing my fathers disco in the t4 yesterday as i don't like the starting of that car.

It starts each time but not as it should.

I managed to get this fault code.

Fuel temperature sensor, it shows -112 degrees. it says take out fuel pump and change it.

I checked in the workshop manual but i can't find it how. Is the first time for me to get this error.

anyone knows this???

Help please!!

The fuel temp sensor is inside the top of the injector pump,so not easy to get at.Much more likely a connector fault or broken wire,so some checking with a multimeter would be a good start.They often show very low sensor temps when open circuit,rather than a grey out of range reading or the normal )))) sign in grey on the T4 screen.

Guest DiscoTD4
I was testing my fathers disco in the t4 yesterday as i don't like the starting of that car.

It starts each time but not as it should.

I managed to get this fault code.

Fuel temperature sensor, it shows -112 degrees. it says take out fuel pump and change it.

I checked in the workshop manual but i can't find it how. Is the first time for me to get this error.

anyone knows this???

Help please!!

Hi - out of interest what are the symptoms of the starting issue ? My Tdi300 auto EDC fuel temp senor measures around 2.6k ohm at approx 15 deg C (from memory), but I've no idea if this is per spec and mines never a good starter although runs fine. I've eliminated everything to date apart from a worn start of injection timing solenoid and this temp sensor so am interested in any info you could provide.

Cheers