Hub nut socket size

Piper

Would anyone out there know what size socket is required to remove the hub nut on a front disc.

We have a Freelander TD4 2004

I am going to have a go at replacing the front discs when I change the pads, but I dont have the socket to remove the nut.

Also is it safe to use the same nut again or do you normally have to replace with a new one.

Appreciate your help if anyone knows.

Cheers :rolleyes:

Col

Would anyone out there know what size socket is required to remove the hub nut on a front disc.

We have a Freelander TD4 2004

I am going to have a go at replacing the front discs when I change the pads, but I dont have the socket to remove the nut.

Also is it safe to use the same nut again or do you normally have to replace with a new one.

Appreciate your help if anyone knows.

Cheers :rolleyes:

Col

I haven't done disks on a Freebie, so I may be talking sh*te, but you don't normally take off the hub nut to change the disks. Normally the disks are attched to the hub by c/s screw(s).

I haven't done disks on a Freebie, so I may be talking sh*te, but you don't normally take off the hub nut to change the disks. Normally the disks are attched to the hub by c/s screw(s).

Cheers, I assumed that the whole thing had to come off to change the discs. The haynes manual isnt that clear on this vehicle.

I will try the 2 screws and see how I get on.

Thanks again for your speedy feedback, appreciate it.

Colin

and sometimes by a ring of rust, be prepared to have to hit the C**p out of it and when you put the new ones on clean the hub and put a smear of copperslip on the land so that next time it will be much easier to remove

just thought, sometimes there is a pair of threaded holes in the centre of the disc, find some bolts to fit, then screw in and tap alternately