OT: 'Looominum sheet

BogMonster

I think there was a thread on here a while back but I can't find it... search turns up a zillion returns about vehicles with too much silver stuff on.

Where is the best place to order aluminium either smooth or chequer plate ("five bar tread plate" for the purists... before somebody gives me a ticking off).

I've got an Ifor Williams trailer and I should have got the optional alli floor as the wooden floor is easily damaged, so I'm looking at retro-fitting this to it. No chance of buying anything like that locally - I need a sheet about 8 ft 2 in long by 5 ft 2 in wide. I've sent off to the trailer supplier but expect it to be expensive so I'm just looking at other supply options too. I guess I may need two sheets of 1000x2000, does anybody know how thick the stuff is that IWT fit to the their trailers? It is supported by a thick plywood floor so doesn't need to be too much - 3mm would probably be fine as it is more of a wearing surface.

Ta :)

Hello

Give ASC metals in wolverhampton a try , they will cut things to size ,pay on your card and they'll deliver as well :) they have other branches if you're no where near wolverhampton .

They also do a very nice catalogue with sheet sizes /tube/flat and box section in both alooooooooominium and stainless

I can get the no from tomorrow if you want ?

Cheers

Gary

........Give ASC metals in wolverhampton a try , they will cut things to size ,pay on your card and they'll deliver as well :) they have other branches if you're no where near wolverhampton .........

Made me LOL.

Nice thought but I doubt they deliver quite that far.

Steve

Yes David the AM2 matting is getting quite scarce now and its a bit heavy for what I want :)

Makes a bl**dy good bridge though!

The corrugated stuff is not really any good for what I want, I do however have four bits of it on the roof - Bennytech version of waffles. In fact I think I will call them Baffles :)

Really? :)

Thanks for info so far - looking on the web the prices seem to vary wildly among those that bother to quote prices on their sites.

:unsure: o.k so being new around here I didn't look where you were ! DOH

I don't know , you try and be helpful and then everybody takes the p*** :P

Oh well I'll make sure I look where people are next time !

So where are you Mr Bogmonster ? :D

Cheers

Gary