td5 max speed

Could be the in tank fuel pump. The same thing happened to mine a few months back.

When you turn the ignition on, before you start the engine, you should hear a faint wining noise. That's the in tank pump. If you cant hear it or it's very loud then it may be dead/on its way out.

Could also be oil in the injector loom. To check for that go into the seat box below the drivers seat and pull off the plug that is connected to the ecu (orange one i think). Check for signs of oil.

fuel pressure regulator, your age of vehicle had the problematic one as well which was superseded, you need the new gasket if it is at fault and up change to the later one.

Other problem is that it could be hitting over boost....

Get a set of mole grips (or similar) and clamp them onto the turbo actuator an inch or so away from itts main body (on the none threaded section) - then try and make the arm extend towards the bulkhead. There should be some resistance, but it should move about 2cm or so. If it doesn't move you've found the problem... and it's usually easy to fix.

Is very common on Td5's!!

Ian

fuel pressure regulator, your age of vehicle had the problematic one as well which was superseded, you need the new gasket if it is at fault and up change to the later one.

:) I support this one. Did change mine and ever since the car? /truck brooms like a ferrari... :lol: nb.. Mine is the same model as yours!! B)

post-7610-1243488535_thumb.jpg

post-7610-1243488584_thumb.jpg

post-7610-1243488632_thumb.jpg

Thanks - have noted that pump is noisy when you turn the ignition on.

Also noticed a whirring noise from engine (something spinning) after engine is turned off. Continues for a while may be 30 seconds - any ideas?

Also noticed a whirring noise from engine (something spinning) after engine is turned off. Continues for a while may be 30 seconds - any ideas?

a new whirring noise that has just started or is the vehicle new to you?

if the latter - oil filter

If I may I'd like to ask about this too.... What year did they fit the new regulator from? And are there any symptoms besides high speed juddering and/or leaking diesel?

I want to get mine re-mapped in the near future and so want to sort any other issues before hand.

The centrifuge oil filter in the engine is one possible item.

The fuel pump does not cut out immediately when you turn off the engine, so you can hear it running for awhile after you turn off the engine.

You can 'feel' the centrifuge oil filter when you cut the engine and press the gear lever toward 3 and hold it there. (not into 3)

Thanks for everybody's advice

How do I get to the fuel pump - Have heard that you need to cut a hole in the rear floor but only seen measurements for a 90 - mines a 110

Thanks again

Simon

<<< Goes to measure his hole :rolleyes:

Ok. So I measured 36cm from the galv door strip on the back edge of the tub and 28cm from the left side wheel arch. Mine is a 20cm x 20cm hole.

You will have to cut through a strengthening beam. Once I had finished, I bolted a section of 1x1" angle across the beam and created a flap for the hole.

Good luck!