disco roof material

joe sharpe

as the title says is it steel or alloy sorry to ask a stupid question but just bought a cb and it will come with a mag mount and need to know if it will stick or will i have to drill roof etc ,also any advive on ariels and fitting ,i plan on mounting it where the interior light is any problems ????

cheers joe.

We were using VHF sets in Saudi with mag mounts on the roof...range of transmitting was quite poor.

JW drilled a hole in his roof and secured the antenna properly. The difference in transmitting and receiving was much better than mine.

Most casual users seem to get away with a mag mount or gutter mounted antenna...I could never drill a hole in my Discovery roof!

I could never drill a hole in my Discovery roof!

why would anyone need more holes on the roof anyway? they already let enough water in :) :)

other options for antenna mounts include ones to go on the spare wheel bracket, and there is also a light bar or two with an aerial mount attatched. Failing that, get a mirror mount, and put it around a light bar, or use an old roof rack.

on an astra van i had years ago, i bolted a 4mm thick steel plate across the roof bars, secured with u bolts, and drove around with a 7ft aerial on the roof, as good as drilling into the roof, but easily reomvable without leaving a nasty hole behind.