`is this a good deal?

seen this... is it a good deal?

coolfun refridgerator/freezer

40litres

230volts

APC 65watts

ART 6% at 20 OC ambient temperature 10%at 32 oc ambient temperature, both at 5oc intterior temperature.

Temp range +10 oc -15 oc.

AC compressor, ali rollbond evapourator, stacticlly ventilated wire condensor. cabinet coated in sheet steel base and upper components plastic.

£189. 95.

Towsure.

?????????????????

seen this... is it a good deal?

coolfun refridgerator/freezer

40litres

230volts

APC 65watts

ART 6% at 20 OC ambient temperature 10%at 32 oc ambient temperature, both at 5oc intterior temperature.

Temp range +10 oc -15 oc.

AC compressor, ali rollbond evapourator, stacticlly ventilated wire condensor. cabinet coated in sheet steel base and upper components plastic.

£189. 95.

Towsure.

?????????????????

Current draw appears to be 5.42 amps (65watts divided by 12 volts) which is fairly high compared to a 45 litre Engel which I think only draws about 3.2 amps once at cooled temperature (which you can reach at home using mains 230/250 volts).

If you have plenty of battery reserve you should be OK, as for price, a similar size Engel is around £600 new, so the Towsure coolfun price looks reasonable, especially for occasional weekend use, not sure though for a long expedition.

John

That looks like a flat battery waiting to happen. Get an Engel i left mine on for 4 days at billing last year without starting the motor and it still started with out a problem. And the beer was lovey and cold

Yep, Engel is the way to go. Got ours at Billing last year, but it wasn't 600quid, got ours for 400quid cash deal. A LOT of money, but definately worth it! I can give you the name of the company we bought ours from if you want.