Jump to content

Hydraulic press accessorys


Recommended Posts

We are currently rebuilding our 80t hydraulic press and we are currently getting quotes etc for a new ram. The old ram just used the end as the press, ie no adaptors etc.

I fancy having the rod bored out at the end, something like a 40mm hole and say 50mm deep. This hole would provide location for dies etc which you can press in and the tighten a grub screw through the rod to stop it dropping out

For a press of this size and the jobs it will do the dies will need to be made from tough stuff/hardened. Does anybody know of something that uses a similar set up so that i could just buy the dies etc? I know they could be made easily, but its easier to buy a range.

I believe this is a similar set up to a norton fly press, but a lot bigger and heavier duty

Any help appreciated



Link to comment
Share on other sites

You should really leave the ram alone and have the adaptors fit 'over' the ram instead. Would be much easier and cost a whole lot less than having the ram machined.

Our old press at work '60t babcock' has a small grove machined in the ram, this then acts as location for the adaptor when the adaptor bolt is tightened. If you had adaptors made I'd try and use a brass bolt to hold it on the ram.

Hope this makes sense, it's been a long day ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy