...problem

Hi, infortunately somebody hit my defender.

can i put a rrv vm rear axle in my defender without to many modifications. .

Sorry for my english.

Ive got the rear axle of a vm and a diferencial a axles form my defender

if your Defender is a 90 & the Range Rovers rear axle has both damper[shock absorber] bottom mountings facing forward, then Yes you can use the RR rear axle on the 90.

Yes...i think that the shock mounts are facing forward...my only question is about the spring mounts ...i think that in the rrvm is smaler than the defender.

no just unbolt the spring bottom circular plate from the axle & swap these over to the other axle, but if I remember correctly 90 & RR springs are the same diameter, so you may not need to swap the spring bottom plates over.

What age is the Range Rover?? By RRVM do you mean a VM Diesel P38 like this:

p38.jpg

If so, I am unsure if the axle will be a straight swap... If it's a Range Rover Classic......like this:

overfinch.jpg

it will be fairly easy nut and bolt job as long as the lower shock absorber mounts are both facing forwards...

What age is the Range Rover?? By RRVM do you mean a VM Diesel P38 like this:

p38.jpg

If so, I am unsure if the axle will be a straight swap... If it's a Range Rover Classic......like this:

overfinch.jpg

it will be fairly easy nut and bolt job as long as the lower shock absorber mounts are both facing forwards...

the vm engine was only fitted to the classic the p38 youses a bmw 6 pot , my 90 has a disco back axel fitted stright swop.good look .

Lets wait and see...

Tomoorow im going to my mechanic talk to him to see if he can fix the rear axle before the portuguese billing.

If the rear axle of the vm doesnt serve , a rear axle of a defender will fit....

The prices i get here are:

-defender rear axle 100 € ....87 GBP

-discovery rear axle 70 €...60.9 GBP

whic one to chose.

Wont a Discovery rear axle have a rubber doughnut coupling so the input will have three bolt holes, (this can be changed but is more work), where as the Defender should bolt straight in ?

Also if someone else hit your car, is this work not covered by insurance ?

Wont a Discovery rear axle have a rubber doughnut coupling so the input will have three bolt holes, (this can be changed but is more work), where as the Defender should bolt straight in ?

not if from 200tdi +its only one bolt to swop the flange if you have the later one.you also get disc brakes if its a pree defender 90.whitch had drums at the rear.

Well thats true but it was like hit and run...it was more or less 4 in the morning i was sleeping...