LRW Show, Eastnor

The weather forecast look absolutely cr*p for the show:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wm/...st_weather.html

Severe weather warning issued for the region - http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_...t_warnings.html

That's an understatement - it's been p***ing down all night and all morning so far, quite a few local roads have a lot of surface water on them (not much for a landy to worry about) but i can imagine that the grounds will be saturated by now.

If anyone is going be careful, and keep your ears peeled to the local radio stations for advice on what roads are affected, as we do get it quite bad round here after torrential rain.

What a washout , Went up yesterday afternoon , It never stopped raining from 12.15am this morning and had just stopped when we left at 6 pm ,

P**ed off , wet, cold and the forcast is much the same tomorrow , Shame realy because it spoiled a realy good show .

If your going take wellies and waterproofs .

Whos been today

Was it any good?

Just woundering if i should bother going tomorrow

I went today and yes it was VERY VERY wet. Mud was upto your ankles and beyond in places and it was a real shame. There was a lot to see though, and although people were generally p***ed off it didn't make the day a complete waste. The autojumble was pretty good I thought, a lot better than the one at Gaydon the other month. There was a lot of new stuff to buy too, and I am kicking myself that I didn't by a winch bumper for mine at £110 from a company that makes their own. I had a job to understand the bloke though, maybe it's my snobbish Oxford accent that made it difficult. ;)

One thing I did notice on my way in though were the signs that were saying that the A417 from Maismore to Ledbury will be closed tomorrow due to a large load being moved. This was my route in and could be a bit of a ball ache if you have to make a detour.

Still, it's all good fun.

Well as the title really, who's going? I'll be there on the Sunday.

Is it any good? :huh:

Or not... Mom thinks i'm too tired from the last two days of work, so every 10mins there was a comment about 'you shouldnt go that far'. This was decided at 12.00 last night when i had been looking forward to this since Christmas :(

Or not... Mom thinks i'm too tired from the last two days of work, so every 10mins there was a comment about 'you shouldnt go that far'. This was decided at 12.00 last night when i had been looking forward to this since Christmas :(

Bluddy parents! What do they know? Isn't Swindon just a short hop up the road from Eastnor? Hope you're still taking to them.

I had a good day there yesterday despite getting half drowned. Picked up quite a few bits in the auto jumble to keep me busy for many weekends more.

Most traders I spoke to were remarkably upbeat despite an obvious lack of visitors on the showground.

Had a good look round the owners club displays, most people were huddled under tents and gazebos. The series one club had a superb turnout, also nice to see a collection of 1 ton 109s including a nice original looking recovery truck.

post-7124-1244379545_thumb.jpg

Hopefully today will be better weather. It's been sunny between showers down here in Surrey.

Bluddy parents! What do they know? Isn't Swindon just a short hop up the road from Eastnor? Hope you're still taking to them.

Hopefully today will be better weather. It's been sunny between showers down here in Surrey.

just about talking to them... next possible land rover 'fix' is the abingdon 4x4 festival in september. I'm away over the billing weekend this year :(

Weather is reasonably good here too :D

We had a great time but got very wet Friday night and saturday so at 10pm on Sat we found that Sunday was not suppose to be any better so we chickened out, loaded up and drove home <_<

We did had a great time otherwise got loads of bargains and drove home with a very very loaded 110 :D