What the hell is it doing?

OK here it is folks. 300tdi, changed PAS pump three times now and the bugger won't run quiet. Stuck a couple of secondhand genuine ones on, bled up OK, ran nice and quiet for about 100 miles or so then whirrs away. Put on a cheapy new one and same again. Noticed a bit of perishing on high pressure hose so thought maybe there could be line contamination, changed all the hoses for new and put pump back on. Nice and quiet for about 100 miles again, then whirrs away.

There's a bit of a leak on the box bottom seal other than that the system seems fine and appears to bleed, just refuses to run quietly. Either I've been unlucky enough to have had 3 duff pumps or something else is going on. Been trying to get this licked for weeks!. Any ideas?.

OK here it is folks. 300tdi, changed PAS pump three times now and the bugger won't run quiet. Stuck a couple of secondhand genuine ones on, bled up OK, ran nice and quiet for about 100 miles or so then whirrs away. Put on a cheapy new one and same again. Noticed a bit of perishing on high pressure hose so thought maybe there could be line contamination, changed all the hoses for new and put pump back on. Nice and quiet for about 100 miles again, then whirrs away.

There's a bit of a leak on the box bottom seal other than that the system seems fine and appears to bleed, just refuses to run quietly. Either I've been unlucky enough to have had 3 duff pumps or something else is going on. Been trying to get this licked for weeks!. Any ideas?.

HAD A PUMP DO THIS ,IN THE END CHANGED THE FLUID TO SLICK FIFTY POWER STEER FLUID HAS NEVER HAD ANY MORE TRUBLE .

There was a DAYCO belt on it previously that I've changed for a new DAYCO one. Even tried moving the tensioner while the engine was running to see if that eased the noise at all, no difference.

The slick 50 idea sounds interested, I'll try anything cos this is driving me nuts.

If a collapsing hose did cause line conamination will this cause permanent damage to a pump?.