WHAT SHADE OF RED.

Bog standard would be Portofino Red (also called Corallin and Arrow - same colour different names just a marketing exercise), and I think the metallic would have been Rioja Red. Does it look faded (post up a decent pic) or is it still fairly shiny? The old solid red would fade if you shone a torch on it but will come up shiny if you polish it, while metallics tend to stay glossy due to the lacquer.

I think from your profile photo its probably Portofino - I had one that colour a few years back :)

Bog standard would be Portofino Red (also called Corallin and Arrow - same colour different names just a marketing exercise), and I think the metallic would have been Rioja Red. Does it look faded (post up a decent pic) or is it still fairly shiny? The old solid red would fade if you shone a torch on it but will come up shiny if you polish it, while metallics tend to stay glossy due to the lacquer.

I think from your profile photo its probably Portofino - I had one that colour a few years back :)

Yep it's a solid red gone pink and dull, dose come up well if it's cut back and polished so portofino red it must be , cheers for your help. :)

Guy.

Looks like there are 3 shades of portifino red, i shall have to take a panel in and get it matched up, thats a very usefull chart cheers.

Guy.

Nope, they are the same, just at different model years it was called different names.

Arrow red

Portofino

Corallin

all have the same code :D

Portofino Rad - LRC390........just had the same conundrum on a 1995 90!!

I ended up getting a colour match done from the (cleanest bit) tailgate so that I could have brushable paint. If you order paint to the LR code, you will also require thinners and activators that will leave your pocket awfully light and it can only be spray applied once properly mixed...

Portofino Rad - LRC390........just had the same conundrum on a 1995 90!!

I ended up getting a colour match done from the (cleanest bit) tailgate so that I could have brushable paint. If you order paint to the LR code, you will also require thinners and activators that will leave your pocket awfully light and it can only be spray applied once properly mixed...

This is the trouble im having , bought an aerosol supposed to be arrow red and it's to dark , such a simple job has turned into a nightmare !! Think i will go down your route and get some brushable mixed up :) .

Was it a coach paint you had mixed up ? or a celly based from an auto paint supplies.?

cheers for your help.

Your local auto paint factors will have colour chips and be able to ID the paint for you. Be mindful that red is apt to fade in time so to get a match can sometimes be tricky, either compound back to the original colour or find a panel that has not been exposed to daylight.

Mine is a synthetic paint mixed up from a clour match by a local paint factors. It's not a perfect match for the rest of the truck, but if I could be bothered to T-cut my challenge truck, it would be close!!

It's a very 'quick' paint, so it's a bit difficult to get a decent brush finish on a large flat panel (like the doors I am painting) but is very good for smaller areas like around the door-top frame.

A, You can always let it down a bit to slow it down, and get it to flow better off the brush. You would be surpised how much we thinned the light green when we brush painted the 2a.

A splash of white spirit will slow it down, and allow it to flow, but don't do the whole can, just a bit in a separate tin... ;)

Mark

Looks like there are 3 shades of portifino red, i shall have to take a panel in and get it matched up, thats a very usefull chart cheers.

Guy.

a panel? dont mean several panels so you can match each one.... :P