Where have you fitted your ARB compressor?

andy2986

Hi, am soon fitting a pair of ARB lockers to the disco and was wondering where people have fitted their compressor in a disco. Im probably going for the larger compressor so I can do tires as well.

The Disco is a D1 300 V8 by the way.

Cheers all

Andy

Hi, am soon fitting a pair of ARB lockers to the disco and was wondering where people have fitted their compressor in a disco. Im probably going for the larger compressor so I can do tires as well.

The Disco is a D1 300 V8 by the way.

Cheers all

Andy

Hi there andy,

When I first fitted mine , it was located in the rear near side. But that lead to me discovering quite a bit of tin worm that lead me to cut the back off.

I only fitted Rear Locker, as you are fitting front as well you need to find a convenient spot where both pipes flow without any really tight bends.

here is a link link to Marks write up.Good idea to read this as long term you may wish to fit other items, so plan ahead to avoid conflict of space.

Slow and steady, plan it well and all will be fine.

I'm not sure what's under the drivers seat on a V8 - probably the ECU etc, but this is how Mark fitted a compressor in his 300TDi...

On board Air in a Disco

Another option is to fit it under the bonnet on the passenger side near the bulkhead - there might be enough space, but it'll be a bit prone to water/mud splashes. Or, if you have the lockers in the back rather than the dickie seats, how about something there...?

I like the under the seat install, not to sure how big the ARB compressor will be until it turns up though, I do have the rear dickie seats at the moment but was thinking of taking them out and swapping back to the cubby holes.

What else could I use?

was thinking of the ARB unit that has a small tank with it?

The (big :lol: )arb will take 30 mins to bring tyres back up. Viair Air make some some good onboard air systems for not much more than the £200 for an arb. Try Matt Savage. A few have coupled the T max compressor to a viair tank and pressure switch to good effect as well.

Have a look at onboard air sections in the tech archive as well.

The (big :lol: )arb will take 30 mins to bring tyres back up. Viair Air make some some good onboard air systems for not much more than the £200 for an arb. Try Matt Savage. A few have coupled the T max compressor to a viair tank and pressure switch to good effect as well.

Have a look at onboard air sections in the tech archive as well.

The ARB is 2.5CFM, no idea how big YOUR tyres are but that'll take 35 inch Simexes from 5PSI to 30PSI in around 3 mins per tyre. The high output ARB is a VERY different animal to the old pile of S***e compressor they used to do that overheated and had no practical way of adding a raised air intake.

By the time you've added a 90psi pressure switch and adaptors to take the ARB solenoids there isn't much of a difference in price, especially if you get the ARB compressor from Britpart. My only criticism of the high output ARB is that it uses a maxi fuse rated at 40A (IIRC) which makes carrying spare fuses for it a pain. I wired mine up using two standard 20A fuses in parallel as I always have a selection of standard blade fuses with me. Due to differences in current flow between the two I think I might be running 25A fuses now... can't remember.

The Tmax compressors are very good too but mounting them isn't as "flexible" as the ARB mounting and for some reason all the TMax and Vlair stuff comes with the connectors arse about face.