Dorp Arm

jules

I am changing the old three bolt steering box for a Disco two steering box I have in the workshop doing nothing.

Dose anyone make a drop arm that will accommodate the correct splines and the ball joint or will I need to have one made.

???

Would one from a P38 fit? You'd need a ball joint on the end of the track rod (just like a series). Dont know if it'd fit the pas box though.

Why not just use the disco one??

Jon

Sorry I am working from memory as I have not seen my truck a a month or so

1985 90 steering drag-link to fit a Disco two box (replacing the old three bolt type steering box)

I could just mount a rose joint on the drag-link. I would assume

I changed the PAS box on my Disco due to it weeping but no other reason with the am of fixing it and fitting it to the 90 but never got round to it but the box will have to come off anyway so I may as well update the steering anyway.

I could just mount a rose joint on the drag-link. I would assume

Don't forget to drill out the taper.

However you might have fun finding a rose-joint with the 11/16UNS thread of the drag-link.

I've drilled and tapped my Sumo bar to 3/4UNF - seems to work okay.

Don't forget to drill out the taper.

However you might have fun finding a rose-joint with the 11/16UNS thread of the drag-link.

I've drilled and tapped my Sumo bar to 3/4UNF - seems to work okay.

I am sorted on that one I just go a new one for the freelander which was made for the job.

There not cheep but the quality is very good I got the replacement yesterday for the silver racers steering arm. The old one lasted 2/3 years and the bearing went in it but it has been hit with rocks hammers etc and I could still read the part number off the ring the steel is that hard.

after vat and postage it cost £92 for one (which did hurt a bit but you get what you pay for)

I am changing the old three bolt steering box for a Disco two steering box I have in the workshop doing nothing.

Dose anyone make a drop arm that will accommodate the correct splines and the ball joint or will I need to have one made.

???

Just weld the two bits together to get the combiation you want.

As per,

weldeddroparm2.jpg

And before anyone reads me the riot act, i've never broken one that i've welded.

In short, i've done it before, and i'll do it again.