B@@@@y Scrapiron

simonr

Si, I know you were pretty resigned to them doing this when we were talking in Wales, but sorry to hear they've gone and done it.

Personally I've spoken to Mr Scapiron twice at the shows and both times thought he was arrogant and rude and I also will definately now not buy anything from them.

This also shows what a sh*tty attitude the mags have - surely they should be promoting the smaller (more innovative) companies to encourage them to bring more products to the market, which would benefit us all.

But I guess money talks, perhaps you could tell us which mag it was (LRO?) so we could write to them and tell them their attitude stinks as well.

Edited to add : I meant which mag was going to do the review ?

With you all the way on this one Simon,

But please do not let this act of robbery, stop that brain of yours from doing, what it does best, designing and building solutions to true Landrover enthusiasts problems,,

1 x Teeshirt, 1 x X-Eng & 1 scrapiron sticke please !!!

Well Mud-club have pulled the thread, I wonder why. I've also put it on LROi and plan to start a book on how long it stays there.

Les. :)

Mud-Club haven't pulled the thread, it has just been suitably edited to protect the club from legal repercusions (i.e. not naming the guilty)

So, we didn't "pull" anything, we moderated it since the admins don't want to get dragged over the coals...

dident see it les sorry i duplucated a link back to here and admin at mud club pulled that too

i shall be posting a rant to admin shortly :angry:

further to that mudclub have allowed a thread on this to be discussed as long

as the company in question is NOT mentioned by name which is fair enugh i feel

Si, I know you were pretty resigned to them doing this when we were talking in Wales, but sorry to hear they've gone and done it.

Personally I've spoken to Mr Scapiron twice at the shows and both times thought he was arrogant and rude and I also will definately now not buy anything from them.

This also shows what a sh*tty attitude the mags have - surely they should be promoting the smaller (more innovative) companies to encourage them to bring more products to the market, which would benefit us all.

But I guess money talks, perhaps you could tell us which mag it was (LRO?) so we could write to them and tell them their attitude stinks as well.

It was LRO. To be fair to them, they don't say it's a Scorpion Racing product. Simply that here is a replacement for your handbrake drum and you can get it here and then publish Scorpion's details. As I understand it Scorpion was a agent for XEng and therefore it would seem there is nothing particularly wrong with the write up. However i did show the set up on my 110 to LRO and LRE and explained where I got it from so, as you say, a little support for the little guy would be welcome (I think LRe did say it was XEng)

At the end of the day LRO is part of a huge multi national publishing group and these companies make thier money on advertising revenue. The bigger the advertiser the more influnence you will have. Way of the world!!!

I have the brake (and a few other items) from Simon and they are the best bits of kit i've bought. The customer service is superb as well. I'll be going back to him for more kit as funds allow.

Guy

Oh lookie here

DSCF1892.jpg

BURN BURN Whahaahaahahahaaaaaaa!

DSCF1893.jpg

Si, could I have one of your new key rings please?, my 109 is missing one at present ;)

I would be careful there Minivin..................

playing with fire with your latest track record for safety :rolleyes:

first the grinder injury, then a burnt finger nail :lol:

gary :P

Glad to see there is so much support out there, and well deserved too. Is it just me or does this remind anyone else of Convoy* too????

10-4

Mark

*look it up on imdb if you don't know what I'm on about!

Well I always disliked the paint it orange charge double for it gits in the past, I'll be making a point, no matter how much I might want something, of not buying from scrapiron now.

XEng and Gon2Far et al. Probably cheaper, certainly better and I can feel I am supporting others who are trying to make a go of something they enjoy.

They were presumably already making a good deal on mark up of the XEng kit anyway, so why they've decided to do this baffles me.

Will this thread get to the length of Zeus timing gear vs Richard Turner? :)

Well if its any consolation, This thread has now surfaced on ORRP.

Can only say I think its a ****s trick to pass off cheap copies like that.

One thought, if they're advertising product using someone elses literature, I think a wee call to the Advertising Standards Authority, and Trading Standards would be in order. Especially if you mention "Counterfeit goods" to TS. They like those sort of cases. Gets them onto Dogwatch

have you EVER heard bad comments re D4x4 or Ashcroft, PG Winches exmoor trim etc etc etc ?

No, and you won't their reputaion is deserves, just as scrpa irons is, its just a million miles apart

My Ashcroft gearbox is taking a trip to Luton this week. An oil leak from the input shaft and bearing rattle necessitating removal and return. I'm peed off because I've cancelled my holiday in Wales next week. :angry: (EDIT - Dave contacted me and he is taking the box back to inspect it - it may be that the installer may be at fault, rather than the box itself...so apologies for shooting from the hip :unsure: )

Having said that Scorpion sent me the wrong winch bumper (elec as opposed to hydraulic) which didn't fit the chassis - so badly made was the product that new holes had to be drilled to make it line up with the chassis. I swear it was over half an inch out. SR blamed Land Rover though!!!! :rolleyes:

Well talk about a plan back firing - looks like SR have cut their own nose to spite their face and done X-Eng a massive favour in the process. I mean that SR have got such bad publicity at the same time as promoting X-Eng so it now looks like X-Eng is going to win rather than lose as a result of this episode which makes me smile and I hope keeps Simon laughing all the way to the bank.

No SR products here - but plenty of companies with the same ethics, or should I say lack of ethics.

I will certainly be buying the X-Eng disc brake upgrade for my two Defenders as soon as I get the funds together and I am sure some of my M8s will be interested too.

Adam

My Ashcroft gearbox is taking a trip to Luton this week. An oil leak from the input shaft and bearing rattle necessitating removal and return. I'm peed off because I've cancelled my holiday in Wales next week. :angry: (EDIT - Dave contacted me and he is taking the box back to inspect it - it may be that the installer may be at fault, rather than the box itself...so apologies for shooting from the hip :unsure: )

This is exactly the sort of customer service you expect from the guys that are in the business to do a good job, and to make money as an offshoot- often in business it is how you respond to problems that show how good your customer service (realistically everyone is going to **** up occasionally!). The fact aht dave contacted you, and asked to have the box back speaks volumes.

Try that with scorpion and see what happens! i tried it with some shagged decarbon shocks and had a right old time of it!

Have not read the whole thread yet but is there any way you can apply for a patent now before SR then when they bring it out you can say "sorry copied my idea patent pending you can't sell" because they hopefully haven't applied yet

don't know whether that already been mentioned ......off to read whole thread

Simon,

I saw your ads in LROI a few months back, and thought that this was a engineer making appropriate products at a great price. As there does not seem to be a RRC fitment just yet, I can't back you with my wallet. I will though, in future.

Not much to add to the discussion really, other than to ask you not to give up, and to channel your fury into making SR look even more stupid that they are in reality. I just cancelled my bid on a pair of SR rock sliders for my RRC.

I'll be in on the T shirt and the stickers.

BTW, word has spread to the Difflock forum:

http://forum.difflock.com/cgi-bin/discus/show.cgi?5/158065

Pitty it wasnt patented I hope he doesnt go for a patent otherwise you'll be stuffed

They should not be able to get a patent because Simon can prove "Prior Art" or whatever the term is called.

That is a bugger Simon, but it is the way the world works. At least you know your will be cheaper (and better) than the $crapiron prices.