Afternoon

So then, fitting a TD5 dash on a 300 tdi bulkhead, it's all simular and I an at the stage that I just need to fit the top bit of dash...

However, the TD5 metal dash bit, needs some kind of fitting point attached that lets the top bit attach?

Anyone done this???

Hi mate,

Done this myself, I canabalised my old dash for the standoff pieces from the rear piece of tin and it all fitted just peachey. There is however one little tweak land rover made which I missed. The windscreen wipers on the TD5 are mounted differently the drive rod sitting below the wiper shaft where as on the older type it was above, this then means that the air vents dont sit properly. :angry:

Regards

Rob

Hi mate,

Done this myself, I canabalised my old dash for the standoff pieces from the rear piece of tin and it all fitted just peachey. There is however one little tweak land rover made which I missed. The windscreen wipers on the TD5 are mounted differently the drive rod sitting below the wiper shaft where as on the older type it was above, this then means that the air vents dont sit properly. :angry:

Regards

Rob

Ah, I might get this but I will find out today.

As for the wiper motor, I have a TD5 wiper motor rod and all, the rod is shorter on this meaning you have to sit it in the same spot as if on a TD5 bulkhead. Now the 300 TDi bulkhead is lacking a bracket, but you can make one up as I have and it will sit nicely. I have also removed the brackets that are attached to my vent flaps and will attached the brackets that have come with the dash.

That's weird on the drive rod, as because I got the whole set up, my spindle bit (what holds the cog) was the new oval shape, so I have switched these out to be the round type (really easy to do if anyone needs to do it), and both of them have the drive rod working from below? (not unless I fitted them wrong???