rag top header rail - how does it fit?

Guys and gals, just converted my 110 from hard top to soft top. Only thing left to do now is to fit the header rail over the windscreen. I've got the four plastic levers and springs, but can't get them to fit without totally compressing the springs, in whatever angle I try. So that when the rail is fitted, the levers are too tight to move. Anyone any idea what I'm doing wrong????? :unsure:

can you provide a pic?

In the locked position they are tight but unlocked, which is how they should be assembled, they are quite loose and rattly. Are you using the right length bolts?

post-13703-1243787389_thumb.jpgthanks for the quick response, chaps. I can get them to move now, but they're very stiff. And the spring pressing on the black plastic handle seems to spread the two sides of the gap, if that makes sense, when they're in the tightened position. I've attached some pics of the layout of the handle assembly, and the header rail. All seems normal. I'm worried that the spring will gouge great chunks out of the black plastic every time the thing is tightened. And there doesn't seem much room for the tilt - I assume you just feed the thick corded section into the front when it's loosened, then tighten the handles?

I've put soft tops on series vehicles before, but never on a 110. Just don't want to break anything by tightening too hard. post-13703-1243786678_thumb.jpg

post-13703-1243787389_thumb.jpgthanks for the quick response, chaps. I can get them to move now, but they're very stiff. And the spring pressing on the black plastic handle seems to spread the two sides of the gap, if that makes sense, when they're in the tightened position. I've attached some pics of the layout of the handle assembly, and the header rail. All seems normal. I'm worried that the spring will gouge great chunks out of the black plastic every time the thing is tightened. And there doesn't seem much room for the tilt - I assume you just feed the thick corded section into the front when it's loosened, then tighten the handles?

I've put soft tops on series vehicles before, but never on a 110. Just don't want to break anything by tightening too hard. post-13703-1243786678_thumb.jpg

The spring needs to go between the windscreen and the header rail, solved this conundrum meself a few weeks back.

Stu.

The spring needs to go between the windscreen and the header rail, solved this conundrum meself a few weeks back.

Stu.

Of Course!!! :blush: Now it all makes perfect sense! Yet another problem solved - thanks all.