Exhaust, what to do?

Right the exhaust on my 300tdi 90 is looking a little worse for wear and needs bits replacing!

I have modded the exhaust in the past, I have got it coming out through the rear tub, it is starting to get very thin on the tail pipe, i cant just patch it with weld as is to far gone and i cant just buy a new tail section as it will need modding to fit, it is also blowing from the flexi near the cat on the front pipe. I did buy a cat replacement pipe that had no flexi fitted but found that when sitting in traffic the exhaust would knock on the body where it comes through the rear tub as the hole is quite a tight fit to the exhaust, got about 5mm clearence round the pipe and with no middle box it was to noisy. I was thinking about having a custom stainless system made up, has anyone had one made up before and who done it? Im running no middle box just the cat acting as silencer, I would like it a little louder than it is at mo but not straight through, what silencer would give a nice note? Would I be better off making my own system up or paying someone?

I have used Powerflow exhausts several times before. Great stuff, you get exactly what you want.

CLICKY

Branches all over the country.

There was a thread awhile ago that you could search for of a place in Wales (i think) that got superb reviews. Cant remember the name though.

HTH

Martin

I have used Powerflow exhausts several times before. Great stuff, you get exactly what you want.

CLICKY

Branches all over the country.

There was a thread awhile ago that you could search for of a place in Wales (i think) that got superb reviews. Cant remember the name though.

HTH

Martin

Cheers, I think the bury st edmunds is closest to me, what are there prices like and what sort of job did they do or dose it just depend on what garage I go to? I have found a cat replacement pipe on ebay with a flexi built in for about £70, a rear pipe for about £45, i have also seen some cherry bomb silencers but dont know much about them, I can weld so that is not a problem, I just dont know if it would be worth the extra cash letting someone else have the hassle of doing it?