Def. Rear wheel bearings.

Hello all.

Can some kind person give me the Timkin, or Skf bearing NOs (not the LR pt NOs, sorry Ralph) for the rear wheel bearings on my 1997 300Tdi Def. Also the oil seal no.

I can then get all of the parts in before I start the job.

The 'noises' started/came and went over the last few weeks, and were harder than I expected to properly identify (I thought I had damaged the center diff on a recent difficult boat recovery epic).

When I got it in the air on a 'wheels free ramp', and up to 50 mph in top gear, with me underneath it, all became clear; BOTH sets of rear wheel bearings noisy! Thats a personal first, nice and symmetrical.

Many thanks.

Howard.

Can some kind person give me the Timkin, or Skf bearing NOs (not the LR pt NOs, sorry Ralph) for the rear wheel bearings on my 1997 300Tdi Def. Also the oil seal no.

If the bearings haven't changed since a '91 200tdi which uses RTC3429, then this Timkin box in front me says the following:

LM603049 ------------------------------------ 9X049

LM603011

If the bearings haven't changed since a '91 200tdi which uses RTC3429, then this Timkin box in front me says the following:

LM603049 ------------------------------------ 9X049

LM603011

Many thanks Gromit.

So thats for two sizes of bearing, and Can I take it that the third number, is for the oil seal?

Thanks again.

Howard.

Many thanks Gromit.

So thats for two sizes of bearing, and Can I take it that the third number, is for the oil seal?

Thanks again.

Howard.

Hi again Gromit.

Just looked in my parts book and found that RTC3429 is now STC4382...

But only one pt.no. for all the bearings so that means they are both the same size/type (front and rear).

Can you remember why you have two bearing nos.?

Oil seal is FTC4785.

Thanks again.

Howard.

Just thought I'd mention that when I recently replaced my rear wheel bearings I thought I'd pop down my local bearing suppliers and buy them cheaper by quoting a Timken number rather than LR part number; and I was disappointed.

In the end Paddocks could supply Timken boxed items for less that I could buy from Simply Bearings, Bearing Boys or any of my local places, even taking delivery into account.

May be of help, I dunno...

Hi Howard,

On my '91 200 tdi, the bearing are the same, front and back.

The numbers I quoted are what is written on one Timkin bearing box, I don't know what they mean, but thought they would make sense to a Timkin person. I assume the last number is the date of manufacture.

Sorry I've no number for the oil seal.

Hi Howard,

On my '91 200 tdi, the bearing are the same, front and back.

The numbers I quoted are what is written on one Timkin bearing box, I don't know what they mean, but thought they would make sense to a Timkin person. I assume the last number is the date of manufacture.

Sorry I've no number for the oil seal.

Ok, thanks a lot Gromit, nice try anyway...

Howard.

Just thought I'd mention that when I recently replaced my rear wheel bearings I thought I'd pop down my local bearing suppliers and buy them cheaper by quoting a Timken number rather than LR part number; and I was disappointed.

In the end Paddocks could supply Timken boxed items for less that I could buy from Simply Bearings, Bearing Boys or any of my local places, even taking delivery into account.

May be of help, I dunno...

Well, it is of help, very much so, and it's what I suspected, thats why I wanted the bearing NOs so I could find out just the sort of thing that you have already found out for me.

As long as they are branded bearings (as you say) from Paddocks, then I dont mind getting them from them. I always like to do my 'home-work' before though.

Many thanks.

Howard.

2 each of the same bearing in front & rear hubs.

Thanks for that Ralph.

How about both sides going at the same time eh. statisticaly they should, if they have the same usage, but we dont expect it, do we?

Many thanks.

Howard.

unlucky I would say :(

just remembered I've got a pair of LR part number RTC3429 Timken hub bearings in the garage, got the box it says

LM603049 20024

LM603011 11

inner bearing track has LM603049 engraved into it

outer bearing track has LM603011 engraved on it

these are for my 1989 110CSW

HTH :D

unlucky I would say :(

just remembered I've got a pair of LR part number RTC3429 Timken hub bearings in the garage, got the box it says

LM603049 20024

LM603011 11

inner bearing track has LM603049 engraved into it

outer bearing track has LM603011 engraved on it

these are for my 1989 110CSW

HTH :D

So it looks as if the No. is LM603049, dyerthink???

Howard.

thats expensive carriage, good price gor the bearings though.

Yerrrr. And they are Timkin as well. 'Carriage',well, I live with it all the time, Royal mail is best, I would get it next day as like as not, and that little lot would have cost about £7. were-as, it may take a week by courier, and it's no use trying to change a 'company's policy'by asking nicely', I have found...

At least the Landy gets fixed.

All the best.

Howard.

As per Ralphs response.

The ones I recently bought were labelled:

Timken LM603049 (cone) LM603011 (cup) wheel bearings STC4382G / RTC3429G

LM603049 M2 TT X0297 (cone)

LM603011 M2 TT X0297 (cup)

Jon

Many thanks for that.

The two bearing kits arrived by yesterdays 'post', Royal mail 'next day delivery', £9.50. So I must take back what I said about carriage charges/delivery.

I think I have had excellent service from Paddock.

Not had time to check the NOs yet.

Best regards.

Howard.

As per Ralphs response.

The ones I recently bought were labelled:

Timken LM603049 (cone) LM603011 (cup) wheel bearings STC4382G / RTC3429G

LM603049 M2 TT X0297 (cone)

LM603011 M2 TT X0297 (cup)

Jon

Those are the same NOs that I now have, under a Bearmach no. of RTC3429. This no. is now NLA from LR!! STC4382 now being the one to use. O well.

Thanks again.

Howard.