TD5 bulkhead into 200TDI?

Back along, I bought one of the cheap bulkheads that were going around. The bloke I bought it from was not very helpful when I asked about fitting it to my 200TDI - he said words to the effect of 'Yeah, it's easy - all you have to do is trim a little metal away...'. He didn't say where though... He also wasn't clear as to what model it was originally intended for, so I'm assuming it's for a TD5...

Anyway - tomorrow I'm getting it sprayed with Line-X (plastic truck-bed liner) in an attempt to minimise future corrosion. I've seen this stuff used in other applications, so think it will work well, and hope it will match the life of my new galvanised chassis.

My question therefore, is if this is a TD5 bulkhead, are there any 'issues' that I should sort out before the coating goes on? I'm running the standard configuration 200TDI lump / LT77 / LT230 in a '93 110 Defender.

I should point out that this is a heavily-modified vehicle, so I'm not at all worried about whether the stock dash, etc. will fit.

As ever, any help would be most appreciated! :)

Back along, I bought one of the cheap bulkheads that were going around. The bloke I bought it from was not very helpful when I asked about fitting it to my 200TDI - he said words to the effect of 'Yeah, it's easy - all you have to do is trim a little metal away...'. He didn't say where though... He also wasn't clear as to what model it was originally intended for, so I'm assuming it's for a TD5...

Anyway - tomorrow I'm getting it sprayed with Line-X (plastic truck-bed liner) in an attempt to minimise future corrosion. I've seen this stuff used in other applications, so think it will work well, and hope it will match the life of my new galvanised chassis.

My question therefore, is if this is a TD5 bulkhead, are there any 'issues' that I should sort out before the coating goes on? I'm running the standard configuration 200TDI lump / LT77 / LT230 in a '93 110 Defender.

I should point out that this is a heavily-modified vehicle, so I'm not at all worried about whether the stock dash, etc. will fit.

As ever, any help would be most appreciated! :)

Hopefully, this thread should help with your questions:

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=38064

Many thanks, that was most useful - I just spent the morning modifying my bulkhead in line with the points raised there! :)

No worries! Will be interesting to see the end results of the Line-X spraying, will certainly be hard wearing!