Central Locking Problems

Allison

Hi, all i;m a newbie to posting on this forum but have found it useful a few times with problems i've looked up.

I have a 2001 LR Freelander TD4.

My current problem is : My central locking has always worked perfectly well until a couple of weeks back when suddenly my drivers door stopped opening from the keyfob but still locked from it, then just the other day the drivers side back door has gone exactly the same - so now I have all four doors will lock from the keyfob, but only the passenger side doors open from the keyfob - I have sprayed WD40 down into the lock buttons, and have changed the fuse but it is still not working.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - thanks.

Hi, all i;m a newbie to posting on this forum but have found it useful a few times with problems i've looked up.

My current problem is : My central locking has always worked perfectly well until a couple of weeks back when suddenly my drivers door stopped opening from the keyfob but still locked from it, then just the other day the drivers side back door has gone exactly the same - so now I have all four doors will lock from the keyfob, but only the passenger side doors open from the keyfob - I have sprayed WD40 down into the lock buttons, and have changed the fuse but it is still not working.

I had a similar problem with my drivers door lock on my 02 TD4 a few months back. I removed the door panel and cut the plastic membrane to gain access, checked for damaged wiring in the harness between the door and body, and for stiffness in the linkage (as suggested on some forums), but found no problems. I removed the door lock assy with a view to repairing it but it is not possible to dismantle the lock without ruining it. I bought a new assy. from the dealers and fitted it which cured the problem. It seems the locks fail, especially the drivers door. As for having the passenger one fail as well, I can only suggest you repeat the procedure being prepared to replace that one as well! If you are going down the DIY route, and you have not removed a door lock before (like me!) make sure you obtain a Haynes Manual for the procedure. Hope this helps.

Eric.

Having the same problem myself seems the latch comes as one unit and you can't change any parts inside so its a new latch when it fails .

It isn't a very hard diy job but rave manual for the pics would be useful and the part can be found on fleabay .

Rgds

Nelly